Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts johnny32's Avatar

3005ci jam code 0000

Hi all
    Was wondering if someone could help me out. First thing every morning i get a jam code 0000 with no paper in the machine . I just open and close the covers and this resets the jam. Once the jam is reset the machine runs perfectly all day. I have checked the sensors in 031 and the event log only shows 0000 codes once a day and no error codes. Any help greatly apprieciated

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: 3005ci jam code 0000

I have seen a actuator stick. The one after the fuser. If there is no bridge unit, flip the exit actuator up by hand to see if it hangs up. if there is a bridge unit in the machine, remove it so you can test the actuator.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    3005ci jam code 0000

Is this a Utax, perchance? And do you know which KM this crosses with? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts johnny32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Is this a Utax, perchance? And do you know which KM this crosses with? =^..^=
    Yes it is a utax but after further investigation its registering a jam first thing at the belt sensor . Still don't know why.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    3005ci jam code 0000

three things . (1)first thing in the morning before you switch the machine on give the belt sensor a quick wipe then close the door and switch on in case its condensation.(2)
    if the code still comes up make sure the machine is shut down properly not just turned off at the wall.(3)when the machine is running turn it off and and on and see if the code comes up again when the machine is warm .

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    3005ci jam code 0000

Oh I just had a thought.

You might check the error log to see if there were any jam codes preceding your J0000 jam condition. It could point to a specific sensor.

Back to what I was thinking of ... it was on a CS-3051ci. It was displaying J4401 only when duplexing, every time. The engine PWB, right door, and wiring harnass had been changed before I arrived. I started at the loop sensor (LPS), and started working my way back, pinning out the harness all the way back to the engine PWB. I was doing just fine until I got to the modular connector for the right door. I had removed the connector from the main body side to pin out the connections to LPS. Everything pinned out correctly, but when I re-installed the connector to the main body my jam code had changed to J4102 which would not clear.

I was encouraged, because I was able to change the code. Re-examining my work, I discovered that connector C on the backside of the modular connector (main body side) was not entirely snapped into place. I had been losing connection at C32 (LPS), C39 (DUCL1), and C40 (DUS1). The problem was that the wire harness was so tight that I could not get the connector completely snapped on, and still get it installed. The fix was to re-route the wiring harness outside of a couple of the looms to gain 16mm of additional length, snap in the connectors, and re-fit the modular connector.

The interesting thing is that the wiring harness had been replaced, and exactly the same thing happened. The installer was one of the best men we have. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=