Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Kyocera mita KM2550, Displays error code C6400

Okay, I know this question must have been posted here dozens of time; i have scanned all previous threads for clues, all giving same advice: check fixing unit, mains power supply voltage output, engine board, power board etc. I have checked all of these and all appear good. I am now in a sort of dilemma on which board to replace, between the engine board and the switched mode regulator(power supply board) since the two are inter dependent. Its difficult for me to get any of these boards here even for merely localizing the fault by substitution; this model is not common here! Actually the machine in question is an Olivetti mf2550.

Can anyone give me a practical solution based on his field experience on the same fault?
    Thanks in advance.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera mita KM2550, Displays error code C6400

When you read your manual did it say anything about a zero-cross error? That means that it's a power issue, not any part of the copier.

So don't replace any copier parts.

Oh! You wanted a constructive suggestion. Um ... bring your power quality analyzer to document the problem. Shake your head sympathetically. Print off the results. Advise your customer to employ an electrician to install a dedicated circuit.

No need to touch the copier (other than a U163 fuser reset). =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 11-28-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thank you Blackcat, i actually suspected the problem to be 'dirty AC power' in the outlet. I know it is a 'zero cross signal error' failing to turn ON the lamps and had actually cleared this fault dozens of times before using the 'U163'service program. See the customer recently acquired a bigger diesel engine generator which they installed in their building in order to meet their increasing power demands, this replaced the 3.5KVA petrol engine generator they had been using; they are located in a remote area not connected to the national grid.
    I don't have a 'power quality analyzer' meter but I will carry along with me a frequency stabilizer next time i go back to revisit the fault, and also work hand in hand with their electrician; a dedicated line for the copier alone is a very good idea, as opposed to their current practice of running multiple gadgets from same extension outlet. Customer is 400miles away and i must prepare for the journey.

Thank you for the valuable advice.

Good luck.

You might bring along an uninterruptable power supply (UPS). A surge suppressor only cuts off the highs, but does nothing for the sags. A UPS can briefly fill in the sags. I've seen it solve these sort of problems. Know that they're expensive though. And be sure that you've got at least 1500 watts capacity. =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Good luck.

You might bring along an uninterruptable power supply (UPS). A surge suppressor only cuts off the highs, but does nothing for the sags. A UPS can briefly fill in the sags. I've seen it solve these sort of problems. Know that they're expensive though. And be sure that you've got at least 1500 watts capacity. =^..^=
    Very good ideas blackcat; one catch though, much as I would like to, I can't carry along with me many gadgets for fear of paying tax on them at border entry point! The machine is actually in a neighboring country... Democratic Republic of Congo, and every time I cross into their country I have to depart with a pretty handsome amount of dollars, both on myself, a fellow tech and on the car we are traveling in, at the migration border post! carrying additional 'goods' will attract extra payment, all explanation about ' a for test only' UPS will definitely fall on deaf ears of those customs officials. The officials now know me, having traveled there dozens of times, but that doesn't exempt me from paying any form of tariff there. I'm also beginning to pick and gamble a few words in French! The country was colonized by the Belgians.

Thank you.

When you read your manual did it say anything about a zero-cross error? That means that it's a power issue, not any part of the copier.

So don't replace any copier parts.

Oh! You wanted a constructive suggestion. Um ... bring your power quality analyzer to document the problem. Shake your head sympathetically. Print off the results. Advise your customer to employ an electrician to install a dedicated circuit.

No need to touch the copier (other than a U163 fuser reset). =^..^=
    Well, yesterday I had another go on the machine. Following your advice above, I did nothing on the machine except to power it on from a dedicated line and to reset it using sim u163. The error c6400 cleared, and the fuser lamps actually lights as machine tries to warm up, but does not complete the process, and now displays error code c0960 indicating problem with that chip in the dev unit. I have checked all previous posts on this code, and tried all my best but to no avail, any more lead will be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Well, yesterday I had another go on the machine. Following your advice above, I did nothing on the machine except to power it on from a dedicated line and to reset it using sim u163. The error c6400 cleared, and the fuser lamps actually lights as machine tries to warm up, but does not complete the process, and now displays error code c0960 indicating problem with that chip in the dev unit. I have checked all previous posts on this code, and tried all my best but to no avail, any more lead will be welcomed.
    Most likely the developer unit EEPROM was a casualty of the power fluctuations that brought on the C6400 zero-cross error. I do not think that you can order the EEPROM separately, you'll have to get the developing assembly, then run U130 to fill the developing unit. Naturally it's fully possible that the main PWB is blown ... but unlikely.
    =^..^=

Working in Africa well South-Africa we have to use voltage regulator on bigger machines in out of city areas. We use the ones that regulate the voltage semi mechanically. The secondary and primary windings in the transformer is connected with a servo motor and has a small real time delay.

Microprocessor DSP controlAutomatic Voltage Regulation
    Protection against Brownouts and Overvoltages
    Short Circuit & Overload Protection
    Digital meter indicates line voltage and regulated voltage
    LED indicators to show status of working input and output
    Built-in transformer, Square transformer or Servo motor
    Surge, Spike & Lightning Protection

Would probably be an overkill for the machine in question.
    We use this for Oce high volume machine for schools

here is a smaller one

http://www.phdpowerhouse.co.za/index...ngle-phase.pdf

Most likely the developer unit EEPROM was a casualty of the power fluctuations that brought on the C6400 zero-cross error. I do not think that you can order the EEPROM separately, you'll have to get the developing assembly, then run U130 to fill the developing unit. Naturally it's fully possible that the main PWB is blown ... but unlikely.
    =^..^=
    Thanks blackcat for your response, I am thinking of advising the customer to to buy another machine. I will first give the machine another trial, the parts you recommend are not easy to get here. This particular model seem to be rather a class of its own as compared to other models within the km 2000 series.Also I have to prepare to make another return journey of 800 miles. It's becoming expensive to get the job done. Will keep you posted.

This is just a slight variation on the FalconII. Good luck. =^..^=