Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Gar the pilot

Cool KM/CS 300i lite print/copy

I have a cs 300i with 88K using OEM toner that prints even, but lite prints or copies. My customer had not noticed the problem yet and they were too busy for me to take time to look into this. I don't think I am being too picky as my Boss thought they were lite too. With it being so even I don't think it's dust on the laser slit or anything like that. I was there to fix a deffernt machine but delivered and installed toner on this one. I thought at first it just needed to tone up, so I went to work on the other machine. When I got back to the 300i, it was barely better. This is my only 300i out, we do have other Mita's of the same class. Just not sure of anything weird about this one.
    Thank You
    Gar the Pilot

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM/CS 300i lite print/copy

Re: KM/CS 300i lite print/copy

Quote Originally Posted by Gar the pilot View Post
    I have a cs 300i with 88K using OEM toner that prints even, but lite prints or copies. My customer had not noticed the problem yet and they were too busy for me to take time to look into this. I don't think I am being too picky as my Boss thought they were lite too. With it being so even I don't think it's dust on the laser slit or anything like that. I was there to fix a deffernt machine but delivered and installed toner on this one. I thought at first it just needed to tone up, so I went to work on the other machine. When I got back to the 300i, it was barely better. This is my only 300i out, we do have other Mita's of the same class. Just not sure of anything weird about this one.
    Thank You
    Gar the Pilot
    The KM-300i is a mono-component development system, so toner density is never in question. Either there is toner, or there isn't.

More likely it is a transfer issue. To be sure, emergency stop the machine with a sky shot across the drum. If there is a significant amount of toner still on the drum you're losing transfer. It's common on other machines of this era to have the transfer roller pop out of the bushings. I've had one of those really helpful endusers pop the transfer roller back in, but they never noticed that there is a spring at each end. If the front spring is gone, the transfer roller won't press against the drum. If the rear spring is gone, it provides the electrical contact, so the only actual transfer you'll get will be from physical contact only, totally without the transfer current. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Gar the pilot

On some of our other Mono machines we have had the doc gap clog up some. the old Samsung CLX 3160 used to clog off the toner gap and give lite copy. When I get a chance I will check the Xfer.
    Thank You

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM/CS 300i lite print/copy

If it's OEM toner you won't have much trouble with mottling ... but worth checking. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gar the pilot View Post
    Thank You
    Gar the Pilot
    Do they have "Eco-print" turned on for their PC driver or MFD settings?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Back to basics boys....
    Clean the optics. It should make a difference.
    However light copies may be caused by a number of reasons as mentioned before this post.
    The product may be brilliant and the salesperson proficient, but if the technician isn’t efficient, then the story will end there.