Service Manager 100+ Posts dbrownlee's Avatar

CS 2050 Feed Roller replacement

Have to replace feed rollers for the first time on this machine. I see the service manual says that to get to the lower tray rollers you have to separate the machine from the lower tray. Is this really necessary or can I get the assembly out just as it sits? Can I just remove the retainers and prop up the feed end of the main body? I really hate to tie up another person just for that. Any thoughts appreciated.
    Thanks, Dave.
    GO TIGERS!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: CS 2050 Feed Roller replacement

One of our guys claimed he did it on a 2550. I've always separated the machine and cabinet to get it done.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    One of our guys claimed he did it on a 2550. I've always separated the machine and cabinet to get it done.
    I've always removed the imaging components and set the copier on it's side to do this. If it's possible, I didn't see how. And yes, I's preferable to get assistance. I talked a teacher into helping me with the lift to and from the floor. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OK, thanks for the advice. Parts should be here Monday. Just for giggles I'm gonna try it first without moving anything. It's on a factory floor so I actually don't think I'll have any trouble getting a little muscle to help lift it if necessary. I'll post how it comes out. Have a good weekend.
    Dave
    Last edited by dbrownlee; 01-23-2015 at 01:47 PM. Reason: I spell mentally better than I type
    GO TIGERS!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

From my experience, if you can get help, separate the machine and get the job done. Doing it without separating them looks to be much more difficult and time consuming in the end.

I tried to find a shortcut on an FS-529 Konica Minolta finisher the other day and lost an extra hour instead.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbrownlee View Post
    OK, thanks for the advice. Parts should be here Monday. Just for giggles I'm gonna try it first without moving anything. It's on a factory floor so I actually don't think I'll have any trouble getting a little muscle to help lift it if necessary. I'll post how it comes out. Have a good weekend.
    Dave
    I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. There are typically no shortage of volunteers, but choose carefully. The truly strong volunteers don't always look that strong.

I got three of the warehouse guys to help me lift a CS-8030 off it's pallet (550#). Two of them let go before it was in position. Fortunately the remaining guy and I had the fortitude to finish the lift, and we were at opposite corners to keep it balanced.

On another occasion I had a bizhub C360 to get up a flight of stairs. I asked the foreman there for an assistant to help with the lift. The guy that showed up was a foot taller than me ... and I'd swear he lifted most of the machine and me up the stairs. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

2050 and 2550 were the ugly ducklings of the Kyocera heyday.

OK, I went to finish the machine. I did the work with the machine in 1 piece. It took maybe an hour start to finish, including the time spent searching for 2 plastic "Jesus"clips that shot off across the floor, dodging forklifts, and vacuuming out dust. The only real difficulty was getting the plastic clips back on the feed shafts where the bushings are inserted into the machine frame. They would have been tricky regardless of the orientation of the machine, with my manly sausage fingers. The only benefit to splitting the machine that I could see would have been removing the need to sit on the floor while working on tray 2. In this location, I would have had to set the main body on the floor anyway, so it's kind of a wash. Thanks for the comments and advice.

All in all, I've done many that were a whole lot worse.

Dave
    GO TIGERS!!