Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    tatro35

ECOSYS M2535dn jamming

I'm having a jamming problem jam code 4201,4209, registration jam codes the leading top edge of the print is off the page sometimes ,when it does jam the lead edge of the paper is right at the entrance of the fuser and the image on the paper has missed the paper by half,,, this only happens in tray 1 the mp tray works fine.. also this copier only has 2000 prints on it..

Re: ECOSYS M2535dn jamming

Although a new machine i would try replacing the clutch. Btw is there SM to unmute the speaker for this model please? Customer likes to hear the dialing tone when TX/RX faxes and although the volume setting is to 5 (the highest) he cannot hear it; TX/RX is ok btw. Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

For the op: You should try some higher quality paper, and make sure the paper your client is using is not wet.

For MFPTech: Something like this could help him.

22361-500.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

According to the service manual the error codes you gave are referring to the eject sensor or i really think they mean the exit sensor. This is located in the fuser area, not sure if it the one on the fuser itself. The sm may have an error as at one place they say eject and another exit. [ ES].
    Check the fuser if the sensor is not sitting properly or loose connection, or swap fuser if you have one and see.

But your symptoms do point to registration clutch problem. If it was the reg sensor, it will jam right at the registration.

CODE 4201

4: Exit sensor (ES)

Eject sensor non arrival jam The eject sensor (ES) does not turn on duringpaper feed from cassette 1.

He is saying the machine jams from tray 1 only - hence it's not the paper and it's not the registration. The feed clutch for tray 1 can be faulty.

tatro35

Quote Originally Posted by tatro35 View Post
    I'm having a jamming problem jam code 4201,4209, registration jam codes the leading top edge of the print is off the page sometimes ,when it does jam the lead edge of the paper is right at the entrance of the fuser and the image on the paper has missed the paper by half,,, this only happens in tray 1 the mp tray works fine.. also this copier only has 2000 prints on it..

The fix was the mylar tabs below the reg. roller they get bent when a customer pulls a paper jam out the wrong direction

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    He is saying the machine jams from tray 1 only - hence it's not the paper and it's not the registration. The feed clutch for tray 1 can be faulty.
    Problem is solved and up and running . ok
    We are here to share ideas and help one another . i was more looking at the codes and what it said. My theory was, if feed clutch, then jam will be before reg roller, after reg roller is usually reg sensor or clutch. He posted 4209 and the manual below did show it as from the mp tray. Am i correct.
    so, either he did not notice or it did not happen as much, but it did happen.
    The understanding for the machine fix here is, the machine did not detect the paper at the exit sensor at the expected timing ,it has in its engine timing sequence or table. so from reg sensor to exit sensor timing was off.

from the service manual error code section.

4201 Eject sensor non arrival jam The eject sensor (ES) does not turn on during
    paper feed from cassette 1.
    E
    4202 The eject sensor (ES) does not turn on during
    paper feed from cassette 2.
    E
    4203 The eject sensor (ES) does not turn on during
    paper feed from cassette 3.
    E
    4208 The eject sensor (ES) does not turn on during
    paper feed from duplex section.
    E
    4209 The eject sensor (ES) does not turn on during
    paper feed from MP tray.

I have a similar issue with this model range. I have two new machines that comes up with the 4201 jam code to a lesser extent, but have a major issue with J0501, 0511. I have replaced the feed rollers even tough they showed little wear, I also stretched the spring on the sep roller to see if it would help but it didn't. They do AMCV of 5k a month, which I thing is too much. I haven't thought of replacing the clutch as the machines are very new. Any thoughts on this.

Talking Re: ECOSYS M2535dn jamming

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    For the op: You should try some higher quality paper, and make sure the paper your client is using is not wet.

For MFPTech: Something like this could help him.

22361-500.jpg
    hahaha do you have a part number for that?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ECOSYS M2535dn jamming

Quote Originally Posted by Nic Brits View Post
    I have a similar issue with this model range. I have two new machines that comes up with the 4201 jam code to a lesser extent, but have a major issue with J0501, 0511. I have replaced the feed rollers even tough they showed little wear, I also stretched the spring on the sep roller to see if it would help but it didn't. They do AMCV of 5k a month, which I thing is too much. I haven't thought of replacing the clutch as the machines are very new. Any thoughts on this.
    Regardless of how many pages the unit has on it, look at replacing the drive pack. We had a new unit a couple of months ago, with only a few thousand pages on it jamming with the same error codes. Replacing the drive pack resolved the issue. Replacing the entire drive pack is much more economical and efficient than replacing just the clutch. Producing 5K pages a month for this unit is a cake walk, we have multiple units that go 10-15K per month without a problem. We even have one unit now approaching one million pages without a problem. Just remember when replacing the drive pack to be very careful when removing the connectors. They can very easily be broken, just pulling on the wires will surely result in a bad wiring harness. Use a sharp pointed tool such as a spring hook to assist in getting the connectors out. If these are new units you can get the drive pack replaced under warranty. Hope this helps.