Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Mass Contact Importing

I dont think there is a way to do this, but I figured I should ask prior to just confirming it with this guy.

I have an IT guy who wants to import a large quantity of contacts into a Copystar 5550ci. This is not a list that has been created on a Kyocera device. He just has I guess the necessary information to set up the contacts. He said hes willing to convert the file in any way necessary to get it to work.

There isnt a way for him to import those to the machine without having already done it once on a kyocera device, correct? He cant code a notepad and import it with prescribe or anything like that im guessing.

Any ideas or suggestions for mass contact importing?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Mass Contact Importing

Correct, there is no plain text import for the address book.

You can always try using the Kyocera Setup Tool which will allow you to create the address book (by hand) and import it using U917. This is just as much work as, if not more than, programming it through the Command Center.

How many contacts are we talking exactly? And if they have so many, why not just use LDAP?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wragsdale View Post
    Correct, there is no plain text import for the address book.

You can always try using the Kyocera Setup Tool which will allow you to create the address book (by hand) and import it using U917.

How many contacts are we talking exactly? And if they have so many, why not just use LDAP?

I didnt get an exact number, I was just told it was alot, Im assuming 50-100.

Also my IT knowledge is rudimentary, so I couldnt tell you the first thing about LDAP.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I did some research on LDAP, and yep, that would be the best thing. Id assume he has one, but I didnt do the delivery, Im just following up on the guys request.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ClarkIR,
    csv files can be imported through KM Net Viewer. I think the only field that you would have an issue with is passwords (for SMB or FTP).