Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

C4600 Taskalfa 2551ci & 3551ci

In the last couple of weeks I have had a C4600 error, twice on a Taskalfa 2551ci and once on a 3550ci. Both machines are in a very dusty environment (building site) and the left side filters were dirty but there was no dust whatsoever on the laser unit. The cleaning pad on one of the lasers had overshot its home position and locked the laser cleaning motor. Gently rocking the pad released it and the machine worked again. New laser has been ordered for the 2551, but concerned that it might not cure the problem. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Technician

Re: C4600 Taskalfa 2551ci & 3551ci

I've had this happen on a 2551ci as well. But, on my machine all four cleaning pads passed home creating the error. Since then they have stopped twice short of home creating a void spot on copies and prints. Each time all four pads are aligned at the same spot.

This machine is in a clean environment (Police Station Office).

I can't offer a solution, just my thoughts.

All of the cleaning gears are on the laser units themselves. In my situation with them all being aligned I'm going to replace just the motor. If you are only having problems with one cleaning pad I believe the laser unit with the cleaning gear assy on it will fix your troubles.

Curious to hear if and how you resolved it.

JB

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: C4600 Taskalfa 2551ci & 3551ci

Had this happen on a couple pretty new 2551ci's. Took out the laser unit and applied some light grease to the gears and rails of all the LSU cleaning parts. Haven't been back to any of them and that was months ago....
    4 plastic cleaning pads, being driven down a plastic screw drive assy, with more plastic gears... think in just bound up was the thought cause all were clean environments