Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    DALVadim

Questions about KM-4035 with odd issues

I just started at the company where KM-4035 is used. It has been having all sort of random issues, and as far as I am told, replacing printer system network card has solved some of the issues.

The most recent issue appears to be C0240. Based on the research I have done it is a communication error between the boards, but can also be firmware corruption and can be fixed by replacing f-dimm. I doubt firmware has been updated what so ever, so I might give it a shot.
    Another issue is fax system not willing to deal with any network interface. Scanner, which uses separate network card as I have learned, works marvelously, too bad it is not needed for our office. Where can I get some information about this fax system? Ideally we would love to be able to receive fax on smb share and send using the driver. Yet again, I can't figureout why fax system doesn't play with network interface.

Edit:
    I should have included more information

Printing System (U) 40

Network Firmware: IB-21G 1.4.0
    System Firmware: 146.12
    Engine Firmware: 29312D-0680

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Questions about KM-4035 with odd issues

It is like this. It is time to buy a new machine.

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

This was a great machine in its day, still is a very reliable machine today if maintained correctly. This series is about twelve years old. the firmware has not been updated in about eight years and you have separate firmware for the main board, Fax system F/J, Print Scan System U. There are Network fax drivers for win 9x and Me. Do not expect this machine to function like state of the art current machines. The C0240 error is a communication issue between the Print system and the main board. This sometimes can be corrected by removing the F-Dimm in the print system and cleaning the contacts. If the F-Dimm is corrupt you will either need to try to flash it or replace it. good luck.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Questions about KM-4035 with odd issues

Quote Originally Posted by DALVadim View Post
    I just started at the company where KM-4035 is used. It has been having all sort of random issues, and as far as I am told, replacing printer system network card has solved some of the issues.

The most recent issue appears to be C0240. Based on the research I have done it is a communication error between the boards, but can also be firmware corruption and can be fixed by replacing f-dimm. I doubt firmware has been updated what so ever, so I might give it a shot.
    Another issue is fax system not willing to deal with any network interface. Scanner, which uses separate network card as I have learned, works marvelously, too bad it is not needed for our office. Where can I get some information about this fax system? Ideally we would love to be able to receive fax on smb share and send using the driver. Yet again, I can't figureout why fax system doesn't play with network interface.

Edit:

Printing System (U) 40

The part I don't understand is "fax system not willing to deal with any network interface". You may not know this but facsimile communicate via analog phone lines. If you don't have an analog phone line connected, or are attempting the make a network connection to the RJ11 analog phone line connector it isn't going to work. If you are attempting to use a network fax driver to send, and would like to receive documents to an FTP folder, you can do both of those things to a WinXP client, but not as a network share. It uses an FTP utility to handle communication.

You will not find drivers newer than WinXP, and they will not work on a network share. It must be a local fax driver on a WinXP client. And you still need a phone line, and network connection to the scan card.

Mostly though, don't bother. This machine is completely obsolete. It's not worth the effort. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

monstott2010

Quote Originally Posted by DALVadim View Post

Edit:

Printing System (U) 40

Fax to network issues can be resolved by setting up your scanner, using the scan file utility and network fax drivers... the fax can link to your scan card to send faxes to the pc vs printing them out... the network fax print driver will print out to your fax line - providing all hurdles jumped, it will work, but not easy to set up