Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM-4035 Noise when PFM running

Re: KM-4035 Noise when PFM running

The FalconIII's do the same. In my experience, if you get a cracked transfer bushing the transfer roller can drop out in the vertical path. An aggressive customer can do a lot of damage by repeatedly slamming the door on the transfer roller. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

I am a little unhappy with our normal Kyocera guy.

Please don't have that feeling towards the kyocera tech, becasue its not him alone who has been stumped by this noise problem. I posted a fix in this thread that i have done numerous time, and which i spent quite a bit of time on my own to solve this mystery. Then the supervisors really don't want the problem totally fixed as when the machine goes out quiet on the field the customer on hearing anything otherwise place service calls for noise and this causes problems for the techs which they can't solve. Your machine with 2.5k need a rebuild, lube bushings ect.
    Believe me, sometime in the near months the noise will resurface. this is the nature of this machine and i have never heard anyone for a fix for that noise.

even kyocera parts update fix does not always eliminate this noise.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

The reason I am unhappy with him is that if he had just pulled the middle feed out, and actually stuck his finger on the gears in the Joint Feed Drive, it would have been obvious that the spring was missing.

All of our Falcon II's make noise. This particular one was so bad that it was nearly intolerable for people in the cubes and surrounding offices.

I do appreciate everyone's help though - thanks a bunch.

A funny side note, people in that part of the office thought the printer wasn't working because they would print and not hear the racket.

Sorry I didn't get to reply sooner.
    This fix applies to falcon 2,3, and Ta 420,520i.
    I have a fix that I use to quiet these down. It works most of the time. I have found the noise to be caused over time by the
    Duplex Drive holder cutting a small groove in the Middle Feed Assembly housing. Try placing a small bit of mylar over the groove
    and see if the noise goes away. The best Mylar to use is the type you get in the pm kit for these machines( you may have some laying around).
    If it has gone long enough, however, the only fix left is to replace the middle feed assembly and possibly the vertical conveying housing.
    I have fixed hundreds of these in the field with this low tech fix and it works.

remove the middle feed assembly and clean the area real good with alcohol or even a de-greaser to get best adhesion for the mylar.
    In my photos I used a white mylar material just to have it show better.

I hope others can use this fix for noisy Falcons and 420,520i's.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

There are other noises from this area that this wont fix. Other techs have posted good info in this thread covering these points.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM-4035 Noise when PFM running

Quote Originally Posted by kjg View Post
    Sorry I didn't get to reply sooner.
    This fix applies to falcon 2,3, and Ta 420,520i.
    I have a fix that I use to quiet these down. It works most of the time. I have found the noise to be caused over time by the
    Duplex Drive holder cutting a small groove in the Middle Feed Assembly housing. Try placing a small bit of mylar over the groove
    and see if the noise goes away. The best Mylar to use is the type you get in the pm kit for these machines( you may have some laying around).
    If it has gone long enough, however, the only fix left is to replace the middle feed assembly and possibly the vertical conveying housing.
    I have fixed hundreds of these in the field with this low tech fix and it works.

remove the middle feed assembly and clean the area real good with alcohol or even a de-greaser to get best adhesion for the mylar.
    In my photos I used a white mylar material just to have it show better.

I hope others can use this fix for noisy Falcons and 420,520i's.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

There are other noises from this area that this wont fix. Other techs have posted good info in this thread covering these points.
    Nice one

My fix was to drill a 1mm hole on the duplex ass'y where the coupling frame meets the plastic. Put a spring in and the pull had probably offset the grove you pointing out. Did not notice the grove so credit and kudos to you!
    Cheers!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE