Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts same_steven's Avatar

KM 1650 with patches of faint!!!

I have this KM 1650 that gives me copies with faint patches but when you do print outs, the printouts are perfect!

I have cleaned the optics and infact, I even replaced the scanning lamp and the board below it but I am getting the same results.

then I replaced the High voltage board but nadda.

Is it something to do with the CCD? someone help!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM 1650 with patches of faint!!!

Re: KM 1650 with patches of faint!!!

Hare you read any of the posts on this topic? In essence, the ozone emitted from the primary charge collects on the mirrors and slit glass.

Yes, yes ... you cleaned the mirrors. Did you actually look at the mirrors after you cleaned them? I'm betting that there is still an ozone coating that you have not cleaned off yet. Use 99.9% pure alcohol, and a soft towel.

Are you interested in preventing this in the future? Use self-adhesive mylar stickers to close off all orifaces between the fuser and the scanner. If you want to go a step further, line the left side covers with 4mm foam to limit ozone seeping in around the side covers. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Hare you read any of the posts on this topic? In essence, the ozone emitted from the primary charge collects on the mirrors and slit glass.

Yes, yes ... you cleaned the mirrors. Did you actually look at the mirrors after you cleaned them? I'm betting that there is still an ozone coating that you have not cleaned off yet. Use 99.9% pure alcohol, and a soft towel.

Are you interested in preventing this in the future? Use self-adhesive mylar stickers to close off all orifaces between the fuser and the scanner. If you want to go a step further, line the left side covers with 4mm foam to limit ozone seeping in around the side covers. =^..^=
    Great idea!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

Great idea friend

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

I always clean glass and mirrors first with water, then with alcohol and finally gently buff the glass and mirrors with a dry soft cloth. It's a lot of steps, but it does get them clean.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

We started using windex it leaves so much less residue than the Alcohol. Leaves the mirrors much cleaner.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by same_steven View Post
    I have this KM 1650 that gives me copies with faint patches but when you do print outs, the printouts are perfect!

I have cleaned the optics and infact, I even replaced the scanning lamp and the board below it but I am getting the same results.

then I replaced the High voltage board but nadda.

Is it something to do with the CCD? someone help!
    Have you cleaned the copy glass itself from inside? Espesially white shading stripe?

Hi. Did you check the copy default settings...? maybe someone had itchy fingers.
    I would try swopping the developer unit aswell...if the counter is high. Print and copy dont always use the same grade settings as would be expected.
    Let us know
    The product may be brilliant and the salesperson proficient, but if the technician isn’t efficient, then the story will end there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK View Post
    Hi. Did you check the copy default settings...? maybe someone had itchy fingers.
    I would try swopping the developer unit aswell...if the counter is high. Print and copy dont always use the same grade settings as would be expected.
    Let us know
    Replacing dev unit won't take you anywhere when test print is ok.