Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Receiving a '503 Not allowed Access' error screen with KM-1650/NG-30G

Hi Everyone,

I have a Kyocera Mita KM-1650 (2DB-16) printer with the add on Network Module (NS-30G), which provides the Network Scanner functionality (e.g.: scan to email).

Essentially the one physical unit has two Ethernet addresses, both of which are reachable over the network, however when I plug the Network Scanners I.P. address into a browser I can only access the Home page. As soon as I click on a sub-menu (e.g.: 'System Basic Settings', 'Scanner Default Settings', etc) I am presented with a '503 Not Allowed Access' screen (as shown below). I have tried to access the sub-menu items using both Firefox and IE10 from a Windows 7 computer, and even tried using IE8 from a Windows XP computer (so the browser version is not an issue).

If anybody has any suggestions regarding how to overcome this error message can you please share?

Kind Regards,

Davo

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Receiving a '503 Not allowed Access' error screen with KM-1650/NG-30G

Re: Receiving a '503 Not allowed Access' error screen with KM-1650/NG-30G

You might try initializing the NS30 scanner NIC in U504. The scan card will be returned to factory defaults, which includes DHCP. So you'll need to print off the scanner network settings to find out what the newly assigned IP is.

There was an old version of the NS30 firmware that would not communicate via Firefox, but works with IE. The latest NS30 firmware is 1.4.11 =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Have not used this scanner card in years. However if my memory serves me right this error pops up when you are in the scanner function mode on the machine. make sure you are in copy mode, then try to access the menus of the scanner. I think there is a jumper on the card to reset the card to default. will have to check and verify that. i will post if so.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Technician

Hi Subaro,

You were right on the money with regard to the printer needing to be in a mode other than 'Scanner' in order for me to access the Network settings page of the NS-30G. In addition to the mode being something other than 'Scanner' the unit cannot be in sleep mode, which is a challenge because the KM-1650 appears to suffer from narcolepsy, putting itself to sleep every 15 seconds!

After playing around with many of the network settings through a browser I then made the decision to install the Kyocera 'Address Editor' program onto a Computer. Whilst using the Address Editor the scanner put itself to sleep; it did this at the worst possible time when I was uploading new settings to it. Due to the timing conflict I believe that the NG-30G is now in a state of confusion, I cannot reach it on the assigned I.P. address, and believe that it may have reset itself to default values.

I took the power out of the unit, and have left it that way for over an hour, so when I plug it back in I am hopeful that it will not be confused anymore, and that I will be able to reach it over the network on the I.P. address that I assigned to it.

However if I cannot get to the settings page with a web browser I plan on resetting the network card.

Kind Regards,

Davo
    Last edited by Mr Davo; 05-01-2015 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Question had already been answered!

Technician

Hi blackcat4866,

I took your advice regarding printing the 'Status Page' in an attempt to find the default I.P. address of the NG-30G, however unfortunately the status page only displays information specific to the printer itself. The printer (unit) actually has two Ethernet cables going into it; and the printer / scanner have individual I.P. addresses (which in today's 'day and age' is very primitive!).

Does anybody know what the default I.P. address for the add on (NS-30G) is?

Kind Regards,

Davo

Does anybody know what the default I.P. address for the add on (NS-30G) is?

Kyocera has a utility called IBVerUP that is used to update the scanner f/w. it scans the card and will pickup the address. maybe someone can give you the utility or you can search the net for it.
    Good idea to update the f/w to the latest avaliable version too.

just came to my thoughts here. go to control panel menu and scan setup. static ip should be there and you can see and change as you please. If DHCP is on and you have a server then it will display the ip it picks up.