Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    error code cfb 31

Re: error code cfb 31

If he had the panel apart he may have plugged the one connector into the wrong socket on the board. There is one connector that fits into an unused socket. Can't remember what the numbers were.

From another poster : "The solution for me was to put the connector CN8 to CN1 where it belongs to . That is what causes the C-code program loading. Nothing wrong with copier. Usually it happens when you replace the screen or touch panel. KM should have put different size connector for CN8 socket so there is no option for fault! -- Habik"

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    error code cfb 31

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    If he had the panel apart he may have plugged the one connector into the wrong socket on the board. There is one connector that fits into an unused socket. Can't remember what the numbers were.

From another poster : "The solution for me was to put the connector CN8 to CN1 where it belongs to . That is what causes the C-code program loading. Nothing wrong with copier. Usually it happens when you replace the screen or touch panel. KM should have put different size connector for CN8 socket so there is no option for fault! -- Habik"
    Yeah I've done this one too. I replaced a tablet, then CF-B31. I was just disgusted that I had done it to myself. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I am not certain of this, but when you order the CODE DIMM I would assume that it's loaded with some base level of firmware, or the machine won't boot up. =^..^=

hi please can l get the last firmware of
    It . must work with usb flash I can buy it

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kkendric View Post
    I believe he was having touch screen issues, replaced touch screen, still had issues. Was asking for firmware and he apparently got it. Apparently ay 12% sounds like the machine was unplugged.
    1. Never power off a machine while loading firmware.
    2. Firmware version 2.45a was the last firmware for this series and was issued about five years ago.
    3.It does not matter which USB port you use. The port at the operation panel is most convenient and it actually goes directly to the main board, it does not pass through the operation panel.
    4. CFB31 is displayed when the operation panel and the main board are no longer communicating correctly and in this case I will assume that it is due to corrupt firmware.
    that being said and the fact that this series does not have the ability to recover, like some of the newer models he may need to replace both firmware F-DIMMS.

Thanks........... have you the last firmware of km 4050 .....or where can i find it .... or buy the firmware .

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kkendric View Post
    I believe he was having touch screen issues, replaced touch screen, still had issues. Was asking for firmware and he apparently got it. Apparently ay 12% sounds like the machine was unplugged.
    1. Never power off a machine while loading firmware.
    2. Firmware version 2.45a was the last firmware for this series and was issued about five years ago.
    3.It does not matter which USB port you use. The port at the operation panel is most convenient and it actually goes directly to the main board, it does not pass through the operation panel.
    4. CFB31 is displayed when the operation panel and the main board are no longer communicating correctly and in this case I will assume that it is due to corrupt firmware.
    that being said and the fact that this series does not have the ability to recover, like some of the newer models he may need to replace both firmware F-DIMMS.

Thank s .can i find the last firmware of it (4050) I can buy it l think my firmware is old