Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dirk KM

TaskAlfa 3050ci - J4101 Z-folding jam

Hi Guys I need some help here. I have a TaskAlfa 3050ci that is giving a J4101 jam code. The device is jamming with a Z-fold at the registration roller. If I try to make a print from the 2nd cassette or MP tray it will jam exactly the same way with jam codes J4102/4109 respectively.I have swapped the conveying unit and the registration section on the machine. I have checked the flat ribbon cables on the engine pwb and feed pwb as we had a previous case where the flat ribbon cables were at fault.

Re: TaskAlfa 3050ci - J4101 Z-folding jam

same problem here also 4001 jams

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Take a look at this thread. Maybe it will help:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ky...de-0000-a.html
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk KM View Post
    Hi Guys I need some help here. I have a TaskAlfa 3050ci that is giving a J4101 jam code. The device is jamming with a Z-fold at the registration roller. If I try to make a print from the 2nd cassette or MP tray it will jam exactly the same way with jam codes J4102/4109 respectively.I have swapped the conveying unit and the registration section on the machine. I have checked the flat ribbon cables on the engine pwb and feed pwb as we had a previous case where the flat ribbon cables were at fault.
    Hi did you manage to resolve this issue as I have the same fault on a 2550ci.

Many thanks

Mike

Dirk KM

Cool Re: TaskAlfa 3050ci - J4101 Z-folding jam

Hey guys check your clutches, what I found was that the clutches corrode and then creates all kinds of chaos.On the 3050ci it ended up being the mid drive feed unit clutch that caused Z-folding.I have found that the clutches in the conveying units and feed drive units also corrode and causes duplex jamming/multiple feed jams/no paper feed jams respectively.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts andyf424's Avatar

I'm helping a co-worker with a 2550ci that's doing this same thing. Going through the clutches next to see if that helps. Wish me luck......

Quote Originally Posted by andyf424 View Post
    I'm helping a co-worker with a 2550ci that's doing this same thing. Going through the clutches next to see if that helps. Wish me luck......
    Hi, it was one of the drive clutches that caused me this fault, I had to replace it in the end as cleaning did not work, I'm not sure which one it was as it was a little while ago, but I think it may have been either the main transfer belt drive clutch or the fuser drive.

Hope this helps

This one turned out to be a one way in the fuser/transfer belt drive assembly. The one-way wore a groove in the shaft and was no longer biting. Ended up having to order a new drive assembly, customer is demanding a loaner.......

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andyf424 View Post
    This one turned out to be a one way in the fuser/transfer belt drive assembly. The one-way wore a groove in the shaft and was no longer biting. Ended up having to order a new drive assembly, customer is demanding a loaner.......
    Did you take a photo? How many clicks?

If the shaft isn't overly complex ... just a hole for a pin, or a slot for a clip, perhaps you can manufacture something? I've had some success with such things. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

No pics, clicks were about 200K. I was helping another tech out with this call, diagnosed the problem and had him order the parts. I hopefully will not be returning....

From memory, when I turned the transfer belt motor on the drive assembly the gear that drives the belt would turn but if I put any resistance on it with my finger, the gear would stop turning. I took the whole thing apart with the attitude of its already down, I can't make it any worse. I found a large white gear with a one way on it that had worn a groove in the shaft. Slide the gear to a fresh part of the shaft and it bit firmly. Had the tech order the whole drive assembly.

Thankfully I don't have many kyocera colors in my dirt so I won't be adding this to my car stock.