Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

taskalfa 5501i TLS

I have the ...taskalfa 5501i copier. When I try to access its web interface from any browser, a message says that it must has TLS 1.2. Where is the option to activate TLS 1.2 in this copier model? Can in copiers menu to activate TLS 1,2 ? , Or In browser to cjanhe TLS?

Also the same about Olivveti Dcopia 5500plus (kyocera 5501) . I noticed that system menu in Olivetti is different (or it has other firmware version) .

Technician

Re: taskalfa 5501i TLS

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    I have the ...taskalfa 5501i copier. When I try to access its web interface from any browser, a message says that it must has TLS 1.2. Where is the option to activate TLS 1.2 in this copier model? Can in copiers menu to activate TLS 1,2 ? , Or In browser to cjanhe TLS?

Also the same about Olivveti Dcopia 5500plus (kyocera 5501) . I noticed that system menu in Olivetti is different (or it has other firmware version) .
    Current Chrome and Edge browsers enforce TLS 1.2. If TLS 1.2 is not enabled on ServerSide settings of your Network Security, you can't get on the Command Center using those browsers. You can, however, install Firefox, go to about:config, search for TLS and change security.tls.version.min from 3 to 1, basically allowing TLS 1.0 connections. You can then log into the Command Center from Firefox, navigate to Security Settings / Network Security and enable TLS 1.2 on ServerSide Settings. Submit, restart network, and you can then log into Command Center from Chrome or Edge.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    taskalfa 5501i  TLS

Or you can download Pale Moon browser and use it to access things that you only used Internet Explorer to reach.

I use Pale Moon to get to the machines like the xxx1 series and make the changes in the Network Security Settings (Security Settings > Network Security Settings) so I can then reach the machine with any browser.

The Pale Moon Project homepage

Works every time for me.

Just another option.

Technician

If you can't get IE or Edge to bring up the Command center RX, you can use Kyocera Netviewer to make the security setting.

Good luck

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This has been asked, and solved many times.

such as... can't connect to the web page of the kyocera tasfalka 4501