Anybody have experience with the Weekly Timer?

First glance it seemed like I would be able to have all my machines reboot or turn on and off according to schedule.
    Id like to be able to reboot the machines every so often since many machines get left on for months at a time and a reboot can help clean/reset some parts.
    Looking at the operation guide it suggests that the schedule only puts the machine to sleep and wakes it up. But the settings are labeled with Power On Power Off?

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Anybody have experience with the Weekly Timer?

I have set some up to reboot on the weekends through KFS. 3 series machines would have the HyPas apps disappear from the home screen. Disabling the motion detection didn't resolve them all, so setting them up to reboot has so far.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    I have set some up to reboot on the weekends through KFS. 3 series machines would have the HyPas apps disappear from the home screen. Disabling the motion detection didn't resolve them all, so setting them up to reboot has so far.
    So the Weekly timer does indeed shut down the machine? Ok that should Do what I want then, I just couldnt seem to get it to shut down a machine in front of me.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Yes, IIRC I set it to power off @ 23:58 & power on @ 23:59 on Sunday night.
    And if it's KFS, you can do it through there with having to go to the customers.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

I was actually looking at the weekly timer on one of my 4 series machines and noticed that the labels changed to Wake and Sleep. So is there a different way to reboot machines on schedule?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

In order for a timer to power a machine back up, it would need to not be completely OFF. A portion of the circuitry would need to remain ON for the timer to operate. I.E. it needs to be in Sleep or Hibernate mode, same as a computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcg54 View Post
    First glance it seemed like I would be able to have all my machines reboot or turn on and off according to schedule.
    Id like to be able to reboot the machines every so often since many machines get left on for months at a time and a reboot can help clean/reset some parts.
    I worked on Ricoh. They had onany older model above an entry level machine, less than 20 copies per minute, and most newer models what is called Process Control that ran at power up and any time it had not been ran for at least 24 hours that did a clean and adjust function the same as that done when the machine was powered back on after being off over night. On Production level models it also ran between jobs if a set number of pages had been printed since the last ProCon and could even be set to run during long print jobs to keep image quality from changing.
    [/QUOTE]Looking at the operation guide it suggests that the schedule only puts the machine to sleep and wakes it up. But the settings are labeled with Power On Power Off?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by jcg54 View Post
    I was actually looking at the weekly timer on one of my 4 series machines and noticed that the labels changed to Wake and Sleep. So is there a different way to reboot machines on schedule?
    It was changed to match what the machine actually was doing. Quite possibly Kyocera was getting complaints from customers thinking it would power the machine ON after it had been turned OFF the night before by the opereator.