Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: kyocera taskalfa 3051ci Cassete 2 does not work. no paper level. only size ID.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The cyan and magenta developing spacers are bad. AFAIK the only way to get them is on a whole developing unit assembly. This was a common flaw on this series. =^..^=
    damn that kinda sucks. could this be in the realm of a "DIY" fix? or what would the replacement part number be? i noticed quite alot of 3051ci new old stock parts being on sale/for cheap locally. so maybe with some luck i can find parts?

perhaps.... what would the chances be that the 3050ci has the same mechanical parts inside as the 3051ci?

i know the 3051ci features a improved CPU along with the paper cassete drawers being completely different.

but taking a quick glance at the internals. it appears to be pretty similair if not just a more outdated "brain" with the same "body' as what the 3051ci has under the hood...

sadly i do not know how much run time the 3050ci had though. the previous owner took out the code DIMM rather than the HDD so it's essentially useless/bricked now. so it could be at 40.000 prints but could also be 450.000.... so it could end up with a more worn out part.

i did export the maintenance report and pasted down some of the interesting pieces i found. i think it never had a drum replacement. (or any replacement parts?) it's done 41k colored copies. so it's not that much run time on those spacers. could moving/relocating the printer have caused damage to the spacers? to be fair i did just shove it in the back of a hatchback. i got it out as gracefully as i could but it did make a smack here or there.

besides that. based on these usage numbers. what would be some attention spots i should focus on when i tear this thing down and give it a deep clean? what are some general recomendations? i've worked with basic printers before in the family. but never such *unit* as this one. loving the printing/scanning quality so far though.

Screenshot 2024-03-16 213725.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-16 213803.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-16 213823.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    kyocera taskalfa 3051ci Cassete 2 does not work. no paper level. only size ID.

Re: kyocera taskalfa 3051ci Cassete 2 does not work. no paper level. only size ID.

You'd make a very good copier tech! I wish you the best. Unfortunately, there are no "Home Depots" for copiers...it's hard to obtain parts and without a dealer discount, the endeavor will quickly exceed the value of the machine.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SysNerd View Post
    damn that kinda sucks. could this be in the realm of a "DIY" fix?

... perhaps.... what would the chances be that the 3050ci has the same mechanical parts inside as the 3051ci?

... so it's not that much run time on those spacers. could moving/relocating the printer have caused damage to the spacers? to be fair i did just shove it in the back of a hatchback. i got it out as gracefully as i could but it did make a smack here or there.
    Sorry, no DIY fix. Those developing units are glued together. I have tried disassembling a few units, but just ended up with broken plastic. The other machine would use the same spacers, but there would be no way to re-assemble a usable unit. Odds are, the other machine might have exactly the same issue.

Kyocera is the only seller (or maybe a Kyocera dealer or eBay). They are only sold as assemblies.

No it's not about run time. Kyoceras modification was to install developing spacers from the higher speed/heavier duty Alphards.

No, mishandling would not make a difference. Either the plastic cracks or the aluminum shaft wears to the point where the spacers wobble. Either way, it was just a bad design.

The developing units are compatible between AlphardI and AlphardII. It would not cause any harm to swap in the spares to see if they are better.

Quote Originally Posted by SysNerd View Post
    ... besides that. based on these usage numbers. what would be some attention spots i should focus on when i tear this thing down and give it a deep clean? what are some general recommendations? I've worked with basic printers before in the family. but never such *unit* as this one. loving the printing/scanning quality so far though.
    The charge rollers are one of the weak areas on this series, but it's best to wait until it absolutely needs it before cleaning charge rollers. There is a 50/50 chance of the cleaning causing the rollers to short out, or just make the image worse.

Try printing these images, and I'll be able to offer more specific recommendations:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Sorry, no DIY fix. Those developing units are glued together. I have tried disassembling a few units, but just ended up with broken plastic. The other machine would use the same spacers, but there would be no way to re-assemble a usable unit. Odds are, the other machine might have exactly the same issue.

Kyocera is the only seller (or maybe a Kyocera dealer or eBay). They are only sold as assemblies.

No it's not about run time. Kyoceras modification was to install developing spacers from the higher speed/heavier duty Alphards.

No, mishandling would not make a difference. Either the plastic cracks or the aluminum shaft wears to the point where the spacers wobble. Either way, it was just a bad design.

The developing units are compatible between AlphardI and AlphardII. It would not cause any harm to swap in the spares to see if they are better.

The charge rollers are one of the weak areas on this series, but it's best to wait until it absolutely needs it before cleaning charge rollers. There is a 50/50 chance of the cleaning causing the rollers to short out, or just make the image worse.

Try printing these images, and I'll be able to offer more specific recommendations:

i've taken pictures of the sheets. A3 and A4 both looked identical so i only took pics of the A3's Results. if you do also require the A4's let me know and i can snap some pics of that too.

i've uploaded them to imgur as i've noticed a slight degradation in quality when it get's inserted to a post.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet (NVM apparantly imgur changed something and it is trash quality now... i tried adding them to this post but i can't seem to be able to. and also fail in uploading them on a new post suddenly. probably just a sign that it is time for bed..)

to be honest it does not look too horrible for what it is.

the flatbed scanner looks perfect but the doc processor has some slight ripple like line's when processing a3's so i assume it's some dirt. but it's easy to access (also the 3050 appears to have a identical lid so perfect for testing)

also random side question since you do seem to know abit about these specific units.. what's up with that sata cable going from the mainboard (back side) to board the document processor/flatbed scanner is connected to?

if i would geuss. the scanner is so "high bandwidth" that doing it over sata is cheaper/easier to do? like the scanner itself emulates being a DVD ROM drive? which then also leads to the question. *what happens if i plug that into a real sata port on computer* :P

Technician

There we go. turns out my phone takes images that are too large to properly process here XD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The cyan & magenta developing units are the only thing it needs..

Yes, I reduced the resolution on my camera phone so that the pictures were 1MB or less, then they upload just fine. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=