Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    7003i Line on page on long runs 20+ copies/prints

This will be a long one as I’m stuck and more detail may help.

I have a 7003i that started making a broad line from bac to front on long runs of copies/prints (see attached PDF). Shorter runs like singles,5,10,15 copies/prints are fine. Long runs of scanning are fine. This machine is six months out of warranty and about 18 months from end of lease. This company has purchased four machines from us over the years back-to-back leases. The machine currently has just over 500K on it.

The first thing I did was inspect and clean the Drum, developer, blank lamps, charger roller, and the inner cavity taking note and cleaning all contact points. I then took the back off and inspected and cleaned the exhaust port from the developer unit that builds up and causes gray background on copies/prints from time to time. While I had the back open, I inspected the wiring to the High Voltage PWB and clipped all the non-reusable tie-wraps for wire bundles leading to that board. Put the machine back together and the problem came back.

I then called Kyocera support and it was suggested that the High Voltage PWB should be replaced. I ordered and replaced the High Voltage PWB (P/N 302NJ94090) then tested the machine. The customer and I tested the machine and it worked fine. A couple days later the customer called back claiming the same problem. When I arrived, I found the problem had come back. I called Kyocera support and it was suggested that the High Voltage PWB I received was probably bad and to get another one and that the one in the machine back for warranty. I did and replaced the High Voltage PWB and a few days later the problem came back.

When I arrived back at the machine I inspected the drum, developer, charger roller and blank lambs and all contacts. On this trip I noticed there was a deep rotational scratch on the drum toward the front I had not seen before (see attached pictures: Drum1A, Drum2A). I talked to Kyocera support and it was suggested to replace the drum unit. I did and after a day the problem came back.

So now Kyocera is saying about the only thing it could be is the developer unit. I don’t have a machine I could swap a developer unit from and all these consumables are different from the 40,50,6003i series.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: 7003i Line on page on long runs 20+ copies/prints

I noticed that the black line moved over a couple of inches from the 1st page to the 2nd. I think we can rule out the DV unit.

Laser?
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

There are previous threads on this issue. I’ve had it on a couple of separate machines that went on to do over ten million each.
    I’m pretty sure replacing the vertical transport unit actually resolved our issues. Most likely the transfer belt as that had signs of pinholes burnt thru it. We had previously replaced hvt boards etc with no joy.
    If I get a chance today I’ll see if I can find the info , but otherwise search this site for “black band”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line
    Kyocera 7002i thick solid black line

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks Billy but the two pages are pages 7 and 11 from the Maintenance Report. For testing this problem, I would print out two Maintenance Reports in a row and use those 22 pages to test this problem. It only happens after printing or copying 20 pages or more in a run.

Thank you Ropariva for the tip.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

have had good results with cleaning from drum drive shaft and usage from high conductive grease.
    Stripes are without rear and front margin, this means drum high voltage problem.
    If we get ground failure --> same result
    Clean drum driving shaft with alcohol and use high conductive grease (302LC94790 GREASE FLOIL G-347CA(10G) SP)
    Retigten the drum motor screws and try.
    Good luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Please disregard as my post was not relevant.
    Larhal

Part time retired. OK more retired than part time.

If all else fails read the Service Manual!

If that fails, meet me at the pub and we will discuss it, maybe, probably not we are at the pub!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

This seems to be a fairly common problem but I'm not sure if I've read a definitive solution. I'd try KYO's solution first as it's the easiest and it makes sense to me. Replacing the transfer belt and paper transport unit would be my next step if that doesn't work. Please let us know when you get it corrected.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I noticed that the black line moved over a couple of inches from the 1st page to the 2nd. I think we can rule out the DV unit.

Laser?
    How is the paper fed letter or Letter R . Would it then rule out the dev ?. Just curious .
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

We've been replacing transfer belts to resolve this. No idea why but that's what seems to be the best solution.