Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    CS  3510i C3300 error code

CS 3510i C3300 error code

I have a CS 3510i that is giving me aC3300 code. U906 doesn’t reset it. I checked and cleaned the optics as well as the surface of the lamp. The lamp does come on. I have replaced the ISC PWB from a working machine. I also swapped the CCD with the same working machine. I brought the parts back and put them in the machine I took them from and that machine works fine. The machine that is giving me the problem is about a 70-mile trip from the office. None of what I have done has made a difference. Kyocera support has suggested that I do the two things I have already done, so no help there.

Any help at this point would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: CS 3510i C3300 error code

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I have a CS 3510i that is giving me aC3300 code. U906 doesn’t reset it. I checked and cleaned the optics as well as the surface of the lamp. The lamp does come on. I have replaced the ISC PWB from a working machine. I also swapped the CCD with the same working machine. I brought the parts back and put them in the machine I took them from and that machine works fine. The machine that is giving me the problem is about a 70-mile trip from the office. None of what I have done has made a difference. Kyocera support has suggested that I do the two things I have already done, so no help there.

Any help at this point would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.
    Actually ,Kyocera told you the next step, but you forgot. The mainboard . The ISU board is connected to the DPRPWB, then from there to the mainboard. First I would check the ribbon cable from the lamp to the ISC PWB board ,i.e continuity check. The DPRPWB, is probably a relay board, so that should not be a problem . Also disconnect all the connectors from the main pwb and reconnect them. I am looking at this from the wiring diagram of the connections to the lamp. Also make sure the scanner motor is moving smoothly when you move the lamp by hand.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

The white reference strip is clean and in place? The scanner moves under the white reference when the lamp lights?
    I that’s all ok and you have tested the parts, I’d take an engine board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

We had the problem on a few 3510i systems when the unit was placed near by the window and there was light coming in from outside.
    Turn the system by 90° for testing.(Maybe end customer can do it?)

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KYO_OEM View Post
    We had the problem on a few 3510i systems when the unit was placed near by the window and there was light coming in from outside.
    Turn the system by 90° for testing.(Maybe end customer can do it?)
    I like this one. Perhaps the shading adjustment cannot be successful because of direct sunlight into the scanner cavity.

On a tangent: I had a Mita many years back that was having continual replacement of drums. The machine was at a dental office with glass walls on three sides and the ceiling. On one of these visits it was a very bright sunny summer afternoon, and I was blinded by the direct sunlight in the room. Direct sunlight was shining in through the cracks around the covers, and light shocking the drum for hours at a time in the afternoon. The customer would not move the machine, of course. The solution was aesthetically not very pleasing. They wrapped the seams where the covers meet with a layer of duct tape. Thankfully, I never got to see that machine again. I'd imagine removing covers would be a chore with all that duct tape on it.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Try a different glass if you have one. That's assuming you have already cleaned the underside of the glass. There was a smaller machine that would give a lamp code due to the glass being grimy but it was hard to tell by looking.