Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Kyocera FS-C2126mfp. Slow Printing

Hi, we have a customer with a Kyocera FS-C2126. he's has Mac computers in his office, they have the latest operating system on their Mac computers.
    They're trying to pring regular colored word documents and it is taking them 30 to 40 seconds to print each page.
    we updated to the latested firmare virsion that came out this month, and didn't help.
    they don't know if a PC would work better or worse.

I would appreciate some help.

Thank You

Shloime

Re: Kyocera FS-C2126mfp. Slow Printing

Can you print this document from PDF if can do this,

Print PDF as an image

Problems can occur when you print a PDF file. For example, a PDF file can contain damaged content such as images or fonts that Acrobat cannot process during printing. Printing a PDF file as an image bypasses that processing by sending the printer a simple image of the document instead. This process can cause images and fonts to look slightly rougher, especially at the edges. However, you can specify the resolution in dots per inch (dpi) to suit your needs.
    1. Ensure that your printer is turned on and connected.

If necessary, test print a different file.
    2. Choose File > Print, and then click Advanced.

Important (For Mac OS only): If you don't see the Advanced button, click the Down Arrow (to the right of the Printer pop-up menu).
    3. Select Print As Image.

4. Click OK to close the Advanced Print Setup dialog box, and then click Print.

Thanks for your tips.
    I fwd the information to the customer, he tried all the different settings however it still very slow printing.

the customer is complaining that he see's the spooler taking forever to load, it loads each page seperatly.

I would appretiate if anybody has any idea.

Thank You
    Shloime

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

How is the 2126 connected ? USB ? NETWORK ?

Check the emulation settings . Also, is it set to spool the whole documents/s prior to print ... or does it start printing and spool as the document prints.
    Does this 2126 have added memory ? If so check the mem settings in the driver properties.

We have had some SLOW print issues that were caused by the driver they were using .
    Be sure they are using a KYOCERA driver. ( not a driver their IT people say " well ; this driver has always worked with every other printer we've had before ." )

Good luck.......
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

It is connected with a crossover cable. and IP address.
    it is spooling each document before printing once its 100% spooled than it will print a sheet and start spooling again.
    they did not add any memory, because we tested with a PC laptop and it printed at regular speed.
    the loaded the latest driver from the kyocera website.

Thanks again!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Definately check you have the correct driver. Macs tend to think they have the right driver and try to use that, normally generic.

Technician

Hi everyone,

Just a bump for this post as I haven't really seen a solid proven resolution for this.

Basically drivers are DEFINATELY manufacture PPD Kyocera driver for a FS-C2026MFP. Also had this issue with a FS-C5150DN.
    Network is fine, as it prints from VMWARE WINDOWS os on the mac no problems with no lag.

Most of the time it will just sit there spooling for like a minute, then process on the machine for like another 20 or so seconds. Emulation is set on Auto but have set it directly to KPDL also with no changes.

Not sure if this will be a driver related issue? or a setting?

The protocol used is LPD but have tried HP JET with no changes either.

Thanks

PS: Printing from Safari, WORD and Acrobat have the same symptoms by the way

Ever find a solution to this problem??? I have a Kyocera 5150dn doing the exact same thing. Takes exactly 40 seconds to print every time, every emulation from everything. It's in a schools Mac Lab and I cant find anything wrong with the machine itself. IT is going to check network next week but if there is a solution I would like to get back to him before that!

Quote Originally Posted by Redarmy View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just a bump for this post as I haven't really seen a solid proven resolution for this.

Basically drivers are DEFINATELY manufacture PPD Kyocera driver for a FS-C2026MFP. Also had this issue with a FS-C5150DN.
    Network is fine, as it prints from VMWARE WINDOWS os on the mac no problems with no lag.

Most of the time it will just sit there spooling for like a minute, then process on the machine for like another 20 or so seconds. Emulation is set on Auto but have set it directly to KPDL also with no changes.

Not sure if this will be a driver related issue? or a setting?

The protocol used is LPD but have tried HP JET with no changes either.

Thanks

PS: Printing from Safari, WORD and Acrobat have the same symptoms by the way

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi

I search long for a good solution but the best is don't sell a FS-Color Series Kyocera for Mac...

Now 2 tips which can speed up. All other tips don't work.

1. Take the foobar printer driver... take fs-c5200/c5250 for fs-c2026mfp/2126... make adjustment and make the resolution low (150dpi)
    2. uncheck the sort checkbox, the time for job sending from mac to printer is the same but if you have 10 examples the printer hold the job in the memory and prints in a normal speed. Unfortunately the job are not sorted.

!!Is important to have the new firmware because there are many bugfixes for mac!

good luck.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera FS-C2126mfp. Slow Printing

A agree with the above tips with some slight changes.

Tip #1 - Don't use a mac, there is no reason to use a mac, they suck big hairy donkey balls and have no business being used in a business environment.

Tip #2 - See tip #1