Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: KM 2050

Junior Tech 50+ Posts Arc Angel's Avatar

KM 2050

Can someone send me steps on how to input a new user for the scanner system on the KM 2050 model. I have entered the scenner settings using system menu, but I can't find an option to have the machine enter a new user. Oh and its on a network so my last question is can it be done from one of my computers.
    The secrete of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age..... No man is so poor as to have nothing worth giving.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM 2050

Re: KM 2050

The KM-2050 has a separate scan card with a different, separate IP address from the print card.

Does your KM-2050 have the optional scan card (with a separate network cable)? If yes, Look in System Menu > Scanner Settings > TCP/IP > IP address ...

The web interface looks exactly like the NS-30 on a CS-8030 or a CS-C4035E. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Yes I have gone through that process, but have only been able to obtain the ip address for the machine from it. What I want is a way of adding new users into the system, so that they can scan directly to there computers. I was able to add the new ip address and names of the users from my computer, but when I try to select there names from the scanner so that I could run a test scan to there computers, the machine reads out either destination PC not found or destination folder on PC not found. But on the settings for each of these computers I have the correct IP address. Do you think that maybe it is the usernames that I am giving them. I am using the NS-30G web interface to add them into the system by inputting there names and ip addresses in the destination list, but still no luck.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Arc Angel; 07-30-2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: more info
    The secrete of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age..... No man is so poor as to have nothing worth giving.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM 2050

What level of scan firmware are you at? Current is 1.4.11

On this machine SMB scanning is called scan to PC. Firstly, is SMB scanning enabled in service mode? I think it's U512.

Next look at the path. Structurally construct your path with the folder with shared properties first, then any subfolders up to four levels, No drive letter.
    For example: sharefolder\subfolder\scanfolder

Preferably use the recipient PC's IP address. Host names work sometimes, but not always. I'll usually try hostnames first, but often end up reverting to IP's.

Always use a login. They say anonymous SMB scanning is allowed, but I've had very poor luck making it work. If you're having trouble getting the username/password to work, create a new, known login just for scanning. It doesn't have to be using that login to scan to it.

Oh, and you do need to create a user as the default sender. I forget exactly where it's located, maybe Sender's List. Then there will be place to select Skip Authentication. You'll want to enable that. Otherwise you will add additional keystrokes selecting the sender. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Okay I'll try that. We cannot share folders on our network as it is just a home network, so I installed the drives on all the PC's and made the settings all the same, as in the folder destination. But I'll try out your method.

Thanks.