Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Kyocera Fs 2000/3900/4000/3920/4020 best compatible toner and cartridges ?

Hello i'm new on this site and i want to ask about my problem with Kyocera(3900/4000/4020/3920 and Mfp's which use the same cartridges) printers ?
    If I use different cartridges or different bulk toners for refilling the quality is bed ,not a solid black or black lines or much black background but not the constant quality.If i cleaning and vaccum the developing unit and i put the new toner and i make a new installation (in Menu-Other-Service-Developer -etc..) the quality became very good.The strange is i work in the some several times with compatible toners and when i put the original cartridge i have a very bed quality ( black background ) i made the same thing (i clean and vaccum the developing station and i make a new developing installation a quality became good)
    Know some one explanation and resolve for this problem ?

Regards,
    Marius

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyocera Fs 2000/3900/4000/3920/4020 best compatible toner and cartridges ?

That's not really a problem. You get what you pay for, and you have seen the goods and bads. You will only have solid fill and no background with OEM toner. Everything else is a compromise.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts copygirl's Avatar

Change your developing unit to get rid of that cheap stuff and use OEM.
    Ginger

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

The moral here is don't mix diffrent type of toners on the same dev. If you use the same brand of toner on the same dev your print quality should be consistent.
    with these small printers with mono component dev unit, aftermarket toners is not much of a problem. I have seen these machines use all kind of toners and they run well. Even with oem toners on these mcahines, you still have drum charger and drum failures.
    Your worst case situation with aftermarket toner is to dump the dev and clean the mag roller and run again. The key is to find the manufacturer of the toner that you have the lest issuses with and use them only. Most large companies do this to save money and to each their own. some companies use both as to the contract pricing.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Yes, Kyocera toner is generally the gold standard; and some, if not most, compatible toners cause problems for Kyocera machines.

I think the orginal post is asking whether any of us have found specific compatible toners which seem to work well in specific Kyocera models. If so, can we share our successful experience for the benefit of the community?

With Kyocera machines, my experience has not found a compatible toner worthy of positive recommendation.