Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Kyocera Mita FS-5016N paper jam before fuser unit and wrinkles in paper

Quote Originally Posted by monette999 View Post
    Dear all,
    since I have the new fuser the first prints were close to perfect.
    The suddenly it started to make black stains on the edges of the paper.

What is the reason for this phenomena.

Greetings

Bob
    Hi Tony & Forum,

it looks like I am not done with this printer.
    The paper jamming is gone since I have the new fuser in but take a look on the pictures.

I am getting periodictly ink stains. Every second page!! Red & yellow stains & stripes

What is the root cause for this. Do I have ink on the primary transfer unit. And if yes how does it come there and how can I avoid it.

BR
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

To me, this looks like the cleaning blade on Y and M drum unit's isn't doing its job. If i remember correctly, it's close to impossible to reach 2 screws on those blades so you could take it off, wipe it and vacuum the waste toner drainage.

Technician

Hi Kyo Fan,

if you are looking at the frequent sport it cannot be the drum blade. Do you agree ?

There are so many cleaning blades.

Do you think it could be the transfer cleaning blade?

BR
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

I agree with kyo fan with the drums being faulty. Most kyoceras you can swap the drums as they are interchangeable. If the tx was at fault all colours would show not just magenta & yellow.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Mita FS-5016N paper jam before fuser unit and wrinkles in paper

Agreed. Transfer waste is typically somewhere between brown and purple. Even with very high % of black usage, the primary transfer waste toner would never be strictly magenta and yellow, it would be black or nearly black. It's either yellow and magenta drum cleaning or overtoning of the yellow and magenta developer that has piled up high enough to contact the transfer belt.

If it were me I would do some disassembly. It will be obvious if your drums aren't cleaning, if the transfer belt isn't cleaning, or if there are mountains of toner atop the developing units. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

I have developed a rather crude way of troubleshooting the drum/dev on this machine to pinpoint the defective ones. First go to the panel menu and select the paper output to rear[ then power off/then on]. Open the top cover and cheat the three switches. remove the toners and leave out. then first leave the dev units connected but lift the three colour ones slightly. then print a status page, it should print with black alone. see if the quality is good. if ok, then transfer belt and black drum is good. then with the machine still on lower the dev one by one and print the status page. Then you can tell which drum/dev is causing you issues. you can swap the suspected drum with the black as you know the black drum is good at this point. the only thing to watch for is the black drum has a mylar and the rest does not.
    When you do get which unit is at fault , if you know how, remove the leds heads and clean with simple green or a good cleaner. the led heads gets a crud that hinders the quality output also[do not move the printheads adjusting screws, unless you know how to adjust them ]. I have spent many hours in the past on these machines. You have to have patience or this machine will drive you nuts. Also if you remove the drums, make sure the drum ground springs are touching the frame or blank outputs for that colour would occur, and make sure the charge grids are full pushed in or full bleed of that colour would occur.
    there are two screws on the waste end of the transfer belt, remove it and remove the cleaning section there and vacum out the waste agur.

Technician

If it were me I would do some disassembly. It will be obvious if your drums aren't cleaning, if the transfer belt isn't cleaning, or if there are mountains of toner atop the developing units. =^..^=[/QUOTE]

do you have a remonmandation to to clean the developer unit????

Thank you for your help.

bob

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Mita FS-5016N paper jam before fuser unit and wrinkles in paper

Quote Originally Posted by monette999 View Post
    If it were me I would do some disassembly. It will be obvious if your drums aren't cleaning, if the transfer belt isn't cleaning, or if there are mountains of toner atop the developing units. =^..^=
    do you have a remonmandation to to clean the developer unit????

Thank you for your help.

bob[/QUOTE]

Whatever is inside ... leave it inside. Whatever is outside ... vacuum it out and wipe it off. Just leave the developing roller alone. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

[QUOTE=subaro;516901]I have developed a rather crude way of troubleshooting the drum/dev on this machine to pinpoint the defective ones. First go to the panel menu and select the paper output to rear[ then power off/then on]. Open the top cover and cheat the three switches. remove the toners and leave out. then first leave the dev units connected but lift the three colour ones slightly. then print a status page, it should print with black alone. see if the quality is good. if ok, then transfer belt and black drum is good. then with the machine still on lower the dev one by one and print the status page. Then you can tell which drum/dev is causing you issues. you can swap the suspected drum with the black as you know the black drum is good at this point. the only thing to watch for is the black drum has a mylar and the rest does not.
    When you do get which unit is at fault , if you know how, remove the leds heads and clean with simple green or a good cleaner. the led heads gets a crud

Subaro

How do you clean the LED,s with simple Green.

Blackcat. Thank you. I will vacuum the drum Kit .
    And avoiding touching the drum.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

How do you clean the LED,s with simple Green.

Blackcat. Thank you. I will vacuum the drum Kit .
    And avoiding touching the drum.[/QUOTE]

Just to make sure you know that cleaning the leds would not solve your current issue, but by cleaning it you get better image density and clarity. look with a maginifying glass before you clean and after. clean as you would clean any glass surface.

You have to figure that out on your own. I can't give you a tutorial on this whole machine. look on page 85 of the service manual. If you have not done it before, then leave it alone or get someone to help you or try and figure out how on your own. It is not difficult, but take photos and don't mess with the adjusting screws.
    You don't have to remove the connectors from the printhead itself. when putting it back in, make sure it is sitting even. maybe someone else can help you with the rest, i am done with this thread. good luck.