Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Kyocera FS-4100DN keeps blinking processing light after job is sent from as400

Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    this model doesnt have a compact card cover. or use compact card. But I did find a way to downgrade. I thought I had the right version but I don't have. As it turns out the library of firmware I was able to get has everything but the version I need. But I am am excited about having all the other firmware. I will contact another person who claims to have what I need. I am still desperate for the exact version. It is 9/14 which when loaded will show 8/26/2014. Here is what you do to load it. Use netviewer utility from kyocera and it will warn you that you are trying to downgrade but will do it. I was trying to upgrade through usb port as I always do because it is so much faster to do than hooking up network to my laptop. But it will not allow you to downgrade.

Yes you are right, this model does not have a compact card slot as i was suggesting earlier in the post. But looking at the service manual at the firmware update section ,there is an emergency procedure in the event that the upgrade had been aborted or stopped in the middle of the upgrade. I would give that a go if all fails otherwise.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyocera FS-4100DN keeps blinking processing light after job is sent from as400

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Yes you are right, this model does not have a compact card slot as i was suggesting earlier in the post. But looking at the service manual at the firmware update section ,there is an emergency procedure in the event that the upgrade had been aborted or stopped in the middle of the upgrade. I would give that a go if all fails otherwise.
    Thanks friend. I am guilty for not looking over the manual. No excuse. Sometimes we just get in a mode and dont take the time to read. Although I spent hours trying to figure out how to decompress the firmware so I could force it to write the old firmware. Go figure. I appreciate all suggestions and comnents.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Can you empty you inbox yourownfree. Can't send you pm.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

got inbox cleaned a bit. Thanks to both Jim and KyoFan for the firmware. Kyo Fan had the the exact firmware which I was able to use to downgrade. Here is how you downgrade. Using KM netviewer from Kyocera, hook up pringter to your network or laptop, add your device, I did by ip address. Then Right click on your device, go to advanced then to credentials. Login using the default Admin,Admin then right click on advanced again and got to firmware upgrade, you can go either way you wish. Then browse for your firmware folder, open it up and select the file that has NWDL in it. This will install the firmware for engine board and all others you need just by clicking on that one file. that's it. easy enough. So as for the resolve of my problem of of not printing properly I will know shortly, today. Oh I did foul up something in netviewer and one point by experimenting. I then uninstalled and reinstalled it and it was fine. I was not able to see the printer or anything else on the network, but did at the beginning. Ok after reinstall. Just a note.

Update: looks like the firmware resolved the issue. I believe if we can get a proper driver on the as400 it will work with newer firmware. Its obvious the as400 works with older firmware but only this particular firmware version. There you have it!
    Last edited by yourownfree; 05-13-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for update. Glad you resolved it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Great, you got the problem licked. After seeing your initial post, which i had to read three or more time to get what you were really saying, i threw in my two cents. You at least spilled out all that you tried .