Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Kyocera FS C8520 MFP scanner is not recognized after upgrade to Windows 10

I can print documents from any application. But when I select the Windows Fax and Scan and choose "New scan", I now get this message:

"No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer, and then try again."

I've completely uninstalled the Kyocera driver packages and reinstalled several times (Kx630909_UPD_EN). This does not cure the problem. Any help is appreciated.

Technician

Re: Kyocera FS C8520 MFP scanner is not recognized after upgrade to Windows 10

I don't think some thing wrong with windows 10 as I understand your problem you cannot add scanner if im right its not the way how to add scanner and one more thing did the scanner work before you upgrade to windows 10 and how it does work?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TECHKYO View Post
    I don't think some thing wrong with windows 10 as I understand your problem you cannot add scanner if im right its not the way how to add scanner and one more thing did the scanner work before you upgrade to windows 10 and how it does work?
    Well, the scanner did work perfectly for the past two years. I never tried using the fax feature, but certainly the scanner worked very well. I notice that Kyocera's most recent drivers are called "KX..." and they seem to be supported by Windows 10. The problem appears that Windows 10 absolutely recognizes the printer, but it will NOT acknowledge that the printer is also a scanner.

Technician

yeah... for using fax feature you need to install Fax Driver and that time you can send and receive and print from your PC.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

make sure the driver is in the scanners and cameras on windows 10
    I have had to manually install it there.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tee View Post
    make sure the driver is in the scanners and cameras on windows 10
    I have had to manually install it there.
    May I ask how you would do this? These devices don't exist in the device manager, nor do they exist in the Windows 10 settings. Only the printer appears in those places. I'm pretty sure that when I ran the Kyocera installation each time I specified the scanner drivers in the setup.

Apparently you've found a way to actually reinstall the printer specifically as a scanner, a fax machine, or a camera. That's where I get lost.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Is the printer using USB or Ethernet print driver configuration ?

Download the latest drivers from Kyocera website and reinstall the printer drivers.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Is the printer using USB or Ethernet print driver configuration ?

Download the latest drivers from Kyocera website and reinstall the printer drivers.
    Which drivers are you calling the latest? I just downloaded Kx630909_UPD_en a few days ago and installed the drivers after the Win 10 upgrade. Installing those drivers was what I did in an effort to fix the problem (without success). Are these the same drivers you refer to?

My Kyocera FS-C8520 MFP is connected by CAT5 cable from my modem/router.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denis View Post
    Which drivers are you calling the latest? I just downloaded Kx630909_UPD_en a few days ago and installed the drivers after the Win 10 upgrade. Installing those drivers was what I did in an effort to fix the problem (without success). Are these the same drivers you refer to?

My Kyocera FS-C8520 MFP is connected by CAT5 cable from my modem/router.
    The problems you described in the first post are more problematic to USB drivers that is why I asked.

If you have down load the latest Ethernet drivers you shouldn't have any problems finding the scanner.
    I assume you have tried Control Panel | Devices and Printers | Add devices (Not printer) to manually load the scanner driver.

It may be a firewall inward comms issue. Allow the scanner software through the firewall or try disabling the firewall etc.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    The problems you described in the first post are more problematic to USB drivers that is why I asked.

If you have down load the latest Ethernet drivers you shouldn't have any problems finding the scanner.
    I assume you have tried Control Panel | Devices and Printers | Add devices (Not printer) to manually load the scanner driver.

It may be a firewall inward comms issue. Allow the scanner software through the firewall or try disabling the firewall etc.

The problem is that under Windows 10, if you "Add a device (not printer)", it searches and finds the already installed Kyocera printer. I did not re-add it, because I suspect this would only create multiple installs of the same printer. There is no browse-to button that I used to see on Windows 7. All that exists on this screen is a link to the Microsoft site where they give some unrelated advice about Bluetooth devices.

I'm now a good month without the scanner. Kyocera's drivers are signed by Microsoft. I find it ludicrous that Kyocera does not have a decent, working installation interface that deals with this. I wrote to Kyocera, and just as I suspected, I got nothing in reply, typifying the quality of the company's service.