Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    Kyocera P2135 violent self-destruct episode

Greetings all, I hope this does not become a widespread problem with the P2135 printer. Unit was placed brand new, now 5 months old, 17K copies, customer reports jamming issue. I could not believe my eyes upon arriving, fusing roller with a clean break about a quarter inch from the drive side. In 25 years of service, I may have seen this once before, but not on a new unit. New Fuser installed (FK-171), but still no fuser rotation. Removed printer to shop, and found large idler gear with the center of the gear (!) broken out. Yes, under warranty, but a friend of mine at a dealer in the Philly area had the same thing happen to one of his P2135's....4 months old with 11K on the meter. Did the fuser crack jam up the drive system to break the drive gear, or vica versa? Pretty violent destruction, must have made a horrendous noise when it happened. Not feeling confident about this model; the FS-1370 that this replaced was a great printer.........
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician

Re: Kyocera P2135 violent self-destruct episode

ive had the gear broken several times on these series models.there is a tech bulletin on this,there is a modified gear now available,the centre has now been

reinforced.steven

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

This was very common on the smaller Sharps with the very thin heat rollers. Many of the small faxes and tabletop Sharps would rip the heat roller end right off. In my personal opinion the heat roller was just designed to be too thin, and could not withstand the rotational torque. These same Sharps and some of the tabletop Canons would have the heat lamps bubble up, warp, melt, and sometimes continue to work this way! If you showed up with rollers for the fuser there was a very good chance that the heat lamp just would not come out of the heat roller. It might swell too large to come out, or warp such that the lamp breaks when you try to remove it.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I'm not sure this has anything to do with the problem as I've only seen that happen on the larger analog Canons. Also a number of different Lanier models (both Toshiba are Ricoh variations).
    But if those machines had flat spots on the pressure roller, the constant vibration from the flat spots would eventually destroy the fuser in a similar fashion.
    So if time permits it wouldn't hurt to take a close look at the pressure roller.

Quote Originally Posted by copier parts n.ireland View Post
    ive had the gear broken several times on these series models.there is a tech bulletin on this,there is a modified gear now available,the centre has now been

reinforced.steven
    Hi..

Is this possible to share that tech bulletin ?

Technician

Thumbs up Re: Kyocera P2135 violent self-destruct episode

Also note that Gear Z44 R and Gear Z58L will break first before the Heat Roller got broken.. Replace these improved Gear also with another Heat Roller.

Sent from my TECNO-L5 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys, sorry to bring up an old thread but easier this than starting another. Looking at the 2 pictures in OP of that cracked hot roller I saw that for the first time almost dead on 1 year ago. Since then I have seen it again at same customers but different printer and then again today I saw it again but on the one I fixed last year! It's only done 35k total! Last year I gave it the FK171 E fuser and new gears after making the same mistake by thinking it was just the fuser at the time.
    So how come with these modified parts it only lasted 1 year before happening again. What on earth can I do to stop this other than trying to get the sales guy to swap them out for a newer model?
    Am I missing something from the 3 pdfs by UKTeam, new fuser, improved strength, improved gear, keep levers in correct position... what else can I do?
    Thanks

Technician

I have seen this alot on FS-1128/1135/M2535 printers. I decreased the fuser pressure on all our machines and never really experienced this issue since.