Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Kyocera P3055 DN "Jam in Cassette 1" Message

I have a Kyocera P3055 DN with 678 copies. Paper stops just at the registration roller, with a "jam in cassette 1" message. I noticed the registration clutch wasn't turning on, reseated all the connectors on the engine pwb, and it worked for a little while, then started jamming again. I've replaced the registration clutch, the engine pwb, and the feed drive assembly, to no avail. Is there anyone in here with a better idea?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera P3055 DN "Jam in Cassette 1" Message

Re: Kyocera P3055 DN "Jam in Cassette 1" Message

See if the spring in the feed assy is missing

As long as this model comes to replace FS-4200_4300 - you can start to dig through from this point. All related problems - should be quite same. Have you found what jam codes has been saved in error logs during these jams.

Check this topic also, might works for you
    FS-4200DN strange jams

Quote Originally Posted by Rmclean View Post
    I have a Kyocera P3055 DN with 678 copies. Paper stops just at the registration roller, with a "jam in cassette 1" message. I noticed the registration clutch wasn't turning on, reseated all the connectors on the engine pwb, and it worked for a little while, then started jamming again. I've replaced the registration clutch, the engine pwb, and the feed drive assembly, to no avail. Is there anyone in here with a better idea?
    Check for bent mylar near registration

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

I would also check for the spring in the paper tray that puts pressure on the retard roller

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    I would also check for the spring in the paper tray that puts pressure on the retard roller

I added two spings in the paper tray as attachement
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

print from the bypass tray, that would eliminate all the clutches and registration sensor and actuator. Then you would be lookin at the paper feed path from the tray to the reg roller.

check the jam codes and see which is one it is. from the browser type the IP ADDRESS\eventlog e.g 10.11.16.34\eventlog . This would bring up the logs.

If the codes are 501, then the registration actuator is not in position or the spring is out out of position. With that low meter, the clutches should not be a problem. Next to the registration clutch is the drum drive clutch .

Also, check to see if there is no stuck pieces of paper in the paper path. Even a little piece would cause jams.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

I have run into this exact problem myself, same error, looks like registration rollers arent spinning. Changed those motors changed the main board all that.
    I couldnt for the life of me see anything wrong with the registration sensor, (I cant even see "registration sensor 2" or "registration sensor 1" I only see #3)
    I had previously worked on the machine that I have, I got a call for a toner "exploded" in the machine.
    Selected photo.jpg
    Thats the Augur that is normally INSIDE the toner cartridge....
    Yeah I have no idea what they did but somebody got angry. Really angry.
    So i cleaned the machine thoroughly and though that was that.
    Well now I'm here and struggling to figure this out. So as a why not measure I took the whole drum developer assembly off the dead machine I was using for parts (it had issues with not being able to print any words or images I gave up on it a long time ago so now its parts) and dropped it in the machine I was working on. Low and behold it printed just fine
    I think the toner got deep into the drum assembly and messed up something that prevented the assembly from bridging the gears that need to connect for the Registration roller to spin. It looks for the most part fine but im just going to toss it if its going to be difficult.