Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Krocera FS1920. (Label is actually an ADP Laserstation 1920) Low Toner constant

Constant low toner and adding toner anytime rebooting printer. It is running compatibles but customer has multiple printers and the others are working just fine. Firmware from kyo is from 2005, and status page shows most current at 2007.

Any tips on this one?

Btw only 30K total meter

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Krocera FS1920. (Label is actually an ADP Laserstation 1920) Low Toner constant

Is the toner cartridge bricked? I just had a machine the other day: brand new cartridge would not turn at all. I gave it two hard whacks on the cement floor, slid it in and off it goes. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Krocera FS1920. (Label is actually an ADP Laserstation 1920) Low Toner constant

Yes, I thought of that as well, thanks. I actually pulled another cartridge and installed it, but no go, machine cycles to add and then says low toner. After about 3 or 4 times power cycling, the Low Toner symbol goes away.

They even had another same 1920 doing the same thing in this dept. So its looking like an application problem.

I think the system is not adding as much toner as its being depleted, the average toner coverage for this dept is higher than normal as most of the page is filled with half tone lines and text from top to bottom.

I been hoping to find a Type 1 or Type 2 mode to help with this (like the copiers) but couldnt find anything.

Thanks for responding.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

You shouldn't have problems with toner depletion on monocomponent Kyoceras. I'd start looking at a drive issue to the toner cartridge. I suppose it's possible that you've got a shell of hard toner keeping a void space in front of the toner sensor. It might be worthwhile to look at the developing unit. Maybe it's falsely reading low. If so the developing unit will be packed to the top with toner, and puffing out the seams of the developing unit. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=