Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

P 3060dn built up on bottom fuser roller

Have 8 of these units in a customer office , customer does not run duplex prints, have 3 trays each set to plain, bond and letterhead paper and they
    run envelopes. Machines have around 50k on them and toner will built up in the middle of the bottom fuser roller, and I know
    it is coming from envelopes because it looks like its right where the address is printed. MP tray set to envelope\envelope. Found a service
    bulletin on Kyocera about changing media settings to increase temperature but it does not help. Have change the fuser units in 4
    of these and after about 20k it builds back up. Firmware up to date and running OEM toner. Customer complains about specs on
    paper that is being pull from bottom roller and transfer to paper by upper roller and most of them pop off but they still complain
    Any suggestions.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: P 3060dn built up on bottom fuser roller

If you're running envelopes that is what will happen. There are no countermeasures.

At one point I had a room full of HP-4100 printers. The ones that fed 20# bond only did the full 200K to 250K cycle. The dedicated envelope printers rarely got more than 50K from the fuser, some only 30K.

All I can suggest is adjusting your contract pricing to include a lot more fusers. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: P 3060dn built up on bottom fuser roller

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    If you're running envelopes that is what will happen. There are no countermeasures.

At one point I had a room full of HP-4100 printers. The ones that fed 20# bond only did the full 200K to 250K cycle. The dedicated envelope printers rarely got more than 50K from the fuser, some only 30K.

All I can suggest is adjusting your contract pricing to include a lot more fusers. =^..^=
    sounds like someone needs to "rig" an aluminum pressure cleaning roller into it, like the ole IR2200 had!