Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Small stripes on FS-3920DN

Hi,

i have a problem with a few Kyocera FS-3920DN-Printers. As you can see on the status page, there appear small stripes on the page, expecially on horizontal lines. I used the drum cleaning program several times, no improvement.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

Re: Small stripes on FS-3920DN

Did you do a e-stop and check the image on the drum? Maybe a transfer roller issue.

Technician

im afraid im not the printer-expert, so, with e-stop you mean emergency stop, like, disconnect the power cable? And what do you mean with "image on the drum"?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

By e-stop I mean start a print then open the cover when the paper gets under the drum. Then pull out the units and inspect to see how the image looks on the drum.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Small stripes on FS-3920DN

Are you using genuine toner? If not you probably want a maintenance kit and genuine toner.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I cant see on the print what you are seeing.
    Mostly with these machines its either the primary charge roller dirty, clean with window-glass cleaner until it looks new again. clean the the little led lights on the drum unit. should improve most of the time.
    If it makes it worse then its the developing unit. The toner has become contaminated. third party toner or even oem over time.
    You can replace the dev unit or remove the toner from the dev unit and clean all toner from it. then clean the dev roller with alcohol the clean the roller with a damp cloth with just water and wipe dry.
    reinstall dev unit and toner, go to service mode, developer, select ok twice, turn off then on printer and then it will refill and be perfect.
    to get you by you can go to service mode change MC to a lower number. MC stands for main charge. It will lighten the prints a bit too so carefull.