Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    CopierJanitor/Geargluer 50+ Posts skinnypuppy's Avatar

smb scanning 2003 server WAN

I have a client that is trying to set up smb scan for a kyocera 2525 on a wide area network on 2003 server SE. All network config is setup appropriately (gateway dns etc...) yet the connection cannot be made to the folder share (root of cset up on the server across the WAN. Permissisons are granted to everyone etc..... One thing I haven't tried is using fully qualified domain name ie. mylogin@mynetwork.com for the user login. Any help on this would be appreciated. I have also tried setting up shares in the home folders of each user. Of course working with their IT department is somewhat similar to asking a plumber come over to fix your tap but not letting him in the door.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    smb scanning 2003 server WAN

Always use administrator Account & password if possible as log in. I don't know Kyocera but I have found when setting up scan to folder SMB on 2003 server if you enter the server address in the WINs info even if they are not running WINs on the server it works much better.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

CopierJanitor/Geargluer 50+ Posts skinnypuppy's Avatar

FYI

Thanks solved the issue. Turns out as in my original post the fully qualified domain login has to be entered in the smb login. The things you think of after you have left the site