Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician
    Hi Tonul
    I think you have missed a foam insulator. On the solenoids there are 4. 2 are on one solenoid.

Tonul

I think I've got it this time

I replaced all the insulators, i.e. all 4 of them. At first I replaced them with double layer of electrical insulator tape but then ended up removing the material alltogeter as it somewhat delayed arm's movement because of some kind of sticking effect. As far as I understand the foam's sole purpose was to reduce the noise produced by clicking solenoids. I can live with little noise as I'm the only user using this printer.

After these modifications the problem still manifested itself. When I turned on the printer and did the status page, the page printed as supposed. If the printer is then left idling, the next print image shifted down the page. When another page was requested right after that, it came out proper again.

What I did next was that I removed the side panel and the white plastic panel covering the solenoids, turned on the unit and made it print the status page while watching it operate. The central solenoid (the one with the longest arm) did not move at all during the print cycle. That seemed odd. So I inserted a shrink tube over the arm's stop to bring the arm's end closer to the sprocket. After this the arm resumed work and the prints came out proper - no matter whether requested after idle or not. It seems the problem is solved. At least I haven't been able to reproduce it again!

What I think happened is following.
    There is thick black plastic-like material attached to the underside of the longest(of the 3) solenoid arm. I suppose it is a magnet supposed help solenoid retract the arm. I believe over time the magnetic properties of this material weakened and the arm seized. Attaching some shrink tube over the arm's stop reduced otherwise too wide gap between the arm and the electric magnet and the arm started moving again.

I hope this is helpful to someone with similar problem - it does seem as a design flaw.

Regards
    Tonu

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera FS1010 Delayed printing 1st Page

Well after all that, I remember the issue now (I don't work with printers that often anymore).

Kyocera also released a bulletin about this issue as well back in the day (about 4 years ago) in regards to the solenoid wiring harness not being routed properly and jamming the actuator arm. I only ever had two machines do this, but that is always another thing to look for for anyone else that comes across the same issue.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Tonul
    I think it must have been different problem the bulletin you referred to adressed (haven't seen it myself) - or maybe concerned units produced earlier. In my unit, the wiring was nicely routed with the help of a white plastic cover put over the solenoids. There was no way the wiring could get in the way of actuator arms.
    Tonu

steveauh

its not that hard

If you had read the post I put in about the fix it explained the reason for the problem. The first thing you did wrong was to use electrical tape in replacing the forme padding, and yes part of the forme padding is to reduce the noise the second part of its peropus is to break the electromagnetic force that is built up in the actuating arms when the electro magnet is energised. The main problem is the registration roller actuating arm (it’s the tope right hand one) when it is energized and not insulated from the chassis stop arm it takes x amount of time for the electromagnetic field and flux to dissipate and the arm dos not reals when it is supposed to.
    I originally recommended using a thine felt pad or thin cardboard (0.5 - 1 mm thick) glued to the actuating arm using contact adhesive and NOT super glue (super glue goes hard and will eventually crack and fall off) also it was important to clean all the old residue orf the forme and its glue from the arms and parking supports so that they were not sticky.
    I have done over 10 of these this way now and have had no problems with any of them so remember clean everything first and then replace the pads

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi,

change the rego solenoid... that causes it..