Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Kyocera FS1010 Delayed printing 1st Page

Hello
    We have a FS-1010 that prints late on the 1st page. Even the printer test pages. It actually appears to cycle down with each new job and then starts again at the top. About 5 jobs to the cycle.

Was thinking of upgrading the firmware but unable to find a download source. Any suggestions?

Current Firmware 80.03-94 Rel Date 21/Nov/2001

Thank You.

IT goofball 50+ Posts
    check your driver and driver version.

in the driver settings, under advanced, you have a few spooling options.

make sure it is set to direct printing and print spooled documents first.

Firmware has not been an issue with this particular model.

Technician
    Thanks for the reply Will try the driver BUT the printers do it from the test page on the machine itself, so no software/drivers involved at that point. I have seen this fault on 6 FS1010 printers. Cheers

IT goofball 50+ Posts
    mmm... Then i would include a firmware upgrade. Are these machines brand new or partially owned?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by termacadon View Post
    mmm... Then i would include a firmware upgrade. Are these machines brand new or partially owned?
    Thanks Termacadon. Is there a source for firmware. The system is currently on 80.06.94 27/Feb/2003.

Cheers and Seasons Greetings

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera FS1010 Delayed printing 1st Page

Check in your printer properties, there should be a PDL button in one of the tabs. Try changing the PDL from 'PCXL' to 'PCL5' or 'KPDL'.

I have found alot of issues with running the machine in the 'PCXL' language.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Check in your printer properties, there should be a PDL button in one of the tabs. Try changing the PDL from 'PCXL' to 'PCL5' or 'KPDL'.

I have found alot of issues with running the machine in the 'PCXL' language.
    Thanks TheOwl.
    The Test page we are doing is from the printer internally (ie) hardware test page. This is done by holding down the green button for 5 secs. So doubt if it is a software setting, unless we can 'reprogram' the printer chip.

IT goofball 50+ Posts
    Thanks Termacadon. Is there a source for firmware. The system is currently on 80.06.94 27/Feb/2003.

Cheers and Seasons Greetings
    There is one version later... FS-1010 vers. 80.07A, 80.06

I would like you to check your firmware parameter settings aswell. Do you know how to do this.?

anyway...if the machine is hooked up via LTP all you do in your dos prompt is

!R! FRPO STAT1;EXIT; >LPT1 OR on network you go into web interface under the printer tab, there should be an option that says printable data. Under that option it has 2 options, send file or send text. Under send text you type !R! FRPO STAT1;EXIT; OR you can hold down the green printer button, when the lights start flashing, dont let go wait for them to dissapear first, then let go and it will print out the parameter pages.

Soz for the long reply, i just dont know what you know. (trying to be helpful)

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by termacadon View Post
    There is one version later... FS-1010 vers. 80.07A, 80.06

Do you have a copy?

I would like you to check your firmware parameter settings aswell. Do you know how to do this.?

anyway...if the machine is hooked up via LTP all you do in your dos prompt is

!R! FRPO STAT1;EXIT; >LPT1 OR on network you go into web interface under the printer tab, there should be an option that says printable data. Under that option it has 2 options, send file or send text. Under send text you type !R! FRPO STAT1;EXIT; OR you can hold down the green printer button, when the lights start flashing, dont let go wait for them to dissapear first, then let go and it will print out the parameter pages.

Soz for the long reply, i just dont know what you know. (trying to be helpful)
    Thanks for the tip. I actually did not realise that it can Prescribe via the IB-21E. Just had to a slight correction to the command
    !R! FRPO; STAT1;EXIT; It needed the ; after FPRO before it would print.

The top margin is set to 0.333. Remember it is only the 1st page that goes south on the page. Even this "Status Page" of 4 pages was printed on 5 with the 1st only having the boxed heading containing
    "PAGE PRINTER STATUS PAGE". After the 1st page being so late the printer treated it as a paper jam and then printed the 4 correctly. So it would appear to be within the machines internal timing. I have seen about 6 FS1010 printers do this, just never found the solution.

Cheers

IT goofball 50+ Posts
    Here is a tool to manage your printer settings/margins etc.