Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts randula7's Avatar

Fs3900dn bad quality prints

Hi

I have print quality problem with Fs3900DN printer. its make one to print good then one or 5/6 print bad again some prints are good 6 month a go one of my tech replace
    engine pwb for this problem now problem again. counter around 60000 hear I attach printer states page with bad quality. Has anyone seen this before?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Fs3900dn bad quality prints

I don't know if you've come across this before.

Usually after a 3900/4000 has been moved or the toner changed this happens. When the developing unit is inserted it presses against two small levers that raise the transfer roller to make contact with the drum. Jiggling the machine can cause the developing unit to rise slightly, so it's not depressing those levers evenly, resulting in poor transfer.

This is a common phone fix. I tell the user to open the door. Do not unlatch the toner cartridge, but remove the entire developing assy, then re-insert it completely. Then close the door.

If that does not solve your problem I would examine the developing section. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts randula7's Avatar
    thanks blackcat,

technician who replace engine pwb he told me he check all over the printer.and replace dv unit,drum,main pwb,power pwb,transfer roller etc with other printer for diagnose the prob I dont no what he don well because when he got this problem I was in another city and upto now I didnt check printer monday I will check and tell you what is going on it.
    (I have meny 4000dn never got this problem only quality prob do to castermer replase bad toner and now with new frimwear ditecting its helpfull to explean castermer about toner.)

Quote Originally Posted by randula7 View Post
    Hi

I have print quality problem with Fs3900DN printer. its make one to print good then one or 5/6 print bad again some prints are good 6 month a go one of my tech replace
    engine pwb for this problem now problem again. counter around 60000 hear I attach printer states page with bad quality. Has anyone seen this before?
    i have seen quite a few of similar faults get your tech to take out the duplex clutch and clean off the excess grease. it is located behind the black cover that the paper cassette guides into the m/c, on the right side from the front view. you need to remove the duplex section this also gives intermittent half page prints.