Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

FS-4000's with multiple 6000 Call Service errors

Hey all,

Hallmark has several FS-4000's the pop a "Call Service 6000" error on print jobs longer than 100 pages. We have moved the printers power source, and even removed the printers off-site, and all of them still have the errors on larger print jobs. I have about 10+ units doing this.

I cannot check KMA-Connect to see if there is a known issue with random 6000 error codes or fusers in this unit. Is it possible a firmware update has addressed this issue? or do I have a high number of failed engine control boards?

Jeff.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    FS-4000's with multiple 6000 Call Service errors

There is no issue that I am aware of with 6000 codes. I have 15 or so of these machines out, with no such issues. Only one pulled a 6000, which had an open thermal switch. This machine is in an extremely low volume location.

You have not mentioned what you have done so far. It sounds as though you are able to reset these codes with no parts replacement. If that is the case:

1) I would check that all the fans are clear and operating.
    2) I would reload or upgrade the firmware. The firmware version I have now is System: 10.004, Engine 11.001. There may be something newer.
    3) Then the engine board, but I have to say it's very unlikely.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician
    Thanks for the reply BC I was just wanting to see if Kyocera had a tech bulletin on this as a known issue.

I have replaced the fuser assembly on one of the units, but the problem persists. The next step in the service manual is to replace the engine board.

But with multiple units having this problem, I was hoping Kyocera posted a known issue with it. All of these units are in plant environments with heavy equipment, so I am sure the power is not the cleanest.

Thanks for the tips. I will check the fans. The latest firmware I have is 10.001 engine and 10.004 system. Is it possible you can email me the 11.001 engine?

Thanks agian.

Jeff.