Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

FS-C5300 .. print job is bombing out

hi all,

i've just been onsite to visit a FS-C5300. the client which has this printer is a pharmacy. when the client does a batch run/print of prescriptions, the print job gets about 1/3 of the way through and then Windows XP basically gives a "printer failed to print" error. The printer LCD on the other hand, continues to indicate "Processing" while the "Data" LED is flashing. As far as the printer is concerned, no errors have occurred. I'm having to power off/on the printer to get it back to ready state. cancelling of the data takes forever.

The print job is a 80 pages long and has images of the patients. The spool size using KPDL emulation (KX driver) is approx 20MB. the printer has a standard 256mb.

what i noticed is that the the final spool size continues to increment as more pages are being processed. once the final spool size is given (basically the last page has been processed) the spooled data continues to increment eg. 7.68/20.2MB --> 8.1/20.2MB and so on. however when the spooled data stops incrementing, that is when the printer stops printing.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? is the print spooler pausing thus causing this? or could it be the printer freezing up causing the print spooler to stop spooling? or could it be a bad Network connection e.g bad port in switch, bad NIC's?

any suggestions would be much appreciated. thank you.

Kind regards,
    Steve

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Spool problems

I had the same problem seems to be an incompatibility between the version of KX driver supplied on the cd-rom for this model, we solve it by setting the printer and the KX driver using the PCL mode and installing the FS C5030N KX driver v4 .4.0403, now works perfectly!
    Possibly be solved with new firmware version !

Bye !

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi,

thanks for the heads up... i will give that a try.

and yeah, i did only have the drivers on the cd loaded. i might try the mini-PCL or mini-PDL as well however i will try the latest KX driver first as this will prove if it is a bad driver.

thanks again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi All

Final update... i tried the latest drivers (both the certified and unsigned versions of the KX driver) and they still bombed out.

I did firmware to the latest version and then loaded the mini PCL driver. This worked.

I also tried the latest KX driver with the latest firmware but still no go. so i hope this helps out others in the future.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Firmware update.

Try with this firmware version v2.00.0020, it's running ok!

Bye!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ignacio.cortez's Avatar
    Have the same issue with PDF file at a Restaurant client of mine, I bypassed the network completely and connected my laptop to it via Cross Over cable, I could not even see the printer "Ready" It would show it as Offline, however I could go to the Terminal and was able to Ping it with very short replys, I downloaded the Latest Firmware per Kyo Tech SUpport, their Next step is Replacing the Main Controller PWB.... Will keep you posted to see if that did it.