Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TA-5003i 0511 random jam on A3 orientation

We have a TA-5003i, 80k on the unit, with an AK-7110 and a DF-7110 that gives random 0511 jams, paper makes it to the middle of the bridge unit when jammed. When the paper is running A3 (8.5 x 11), the paper stops in the AK-7110 (Bridge unit), but if we change the paper orientation to A4 (8.5 x11R) machine runs with no jams. Here is what we have done to try resolve the issue, 1) swap out AK-7110 and DF-7110- same issue, 2) swap out fuser unit- same issue 3) swap out feed units- same issue. The service manual shows the 0511 jam to be located in the V section which I am assuming is the exit/ turnover unit area where the registration sensor is located which was cleaned. Anyone run into this issue on this series?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: TA-5003i 0511 random jam on A3 orientation

0511 is usually taking two sheets at once at the tray so either you've got bad paper, bad sensor near feed unit or bad clutch after tray.

If it works A4 out the same tray then kinda only leaves bad paper. Does it do it if you only load 1 piece of paper in the tray? Keep repeating see if you can get it to jam might help narrow it down.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: TA-5003i 0511 random jam on A3 orientation

Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post
    0511 is usually taking two sheets at once at the tray so either you've got bad paper, bad sensor near feed unit or bad clutch after tray.

If it works A4 out the same tray then kinda only leaves bad paper. Does it do it if you only load 1 piece of paper in the tray? Keep repeating see if you can get it to jam might help narrow it down.
    I believe we resolved the issue by adjusting the separation spring tension, we added more pressure and it seems to have worked.