Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Firmware and API program for FS-9500DN, PF-75, DF-71

I have an FS-9500DN with a PF-75 paper deck and DF-71 finisher. I need the API program and any software updates for the three. Here are the versions of parts of the FS-9500DN that are currently installed:
    FS-9500DN firmware: 72.12*66 Nov. 26 2002
    Engine firmware:A001/A014
    boot ROM: 18.30
    IB-21E: 1.0.2

I'm having problems with duplex jams and the switchback unit doesn't work reliably. If software updates don't work, the API program (service mode) will help me find the problems. I have the service manuals and parts lists.

Any of the above will help and would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached here or at david at mentorsw dt com or 404-321-7950.

Thanks,
    David

jams

disconnect the finisher and run two sided prints , look at the exit rollers (finsher side) and see if they slow down if so , there is a one way gear you can clean , if it doesn't fix the problem replace the ak unit with a new one.

how many prints on this machine? if over 500,000 exit unit may need to be replaced

Technician

Kyocera FS9500DN Printer Repair

G'day Mate,

These one normally need the duplex solenoid and a new exit assembly. The other big thing to look for, on the vertical feed, the deflector guides "tabs" on either side "half" break, so when the door is closed they are sloppy and end up pushing on the paper as it is fed through.

If you still need the maintenance mode and firmware shoot me an email.

Cheers

Technician

Problem found, waiting on parts

bsm2, hplexkyopt,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I found the true culprit: the gear that drives the whole vertical paper feed. The original part# is 2BL06200, but there is a revised reinforced part, 2BL06201. This is documented, but I missed it. The machine was making ratcheting gear slippage sounds, and I thought it was just a symptom of a jam rather than the cause. Turns out the slippage was causing the jams. Just cleaning up the gear (until I get a new one) made the machine operable.

I had replaced the solenoid in the switchback/exit assembly, but that didn't fix it. I have ordered a complete replacement unit.
    Thanks again,
    David