Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts lightningjeremy's Avatar

fs-c5016n blurry prints

this printer has 27k on the meter and has recently started printing blurry. it appears to be the cyan and black that are blurry. what is the pm sched. for developing units? is there any calibrations? thanx

pm count is 200k. you can do a drum refresh, menu-up arrow- right arrow- up arrow- right arrow scroll down to "drum" not drum ctrl press enter twice to run
    also do the colour registration which is in the menu i cant remember the path for that you will have to look.

madas

Technician
    I have worked on these machines alot and 9 times out of 10, when the black/colour is blurry I tear out the LED arrays and clean them with a DRY q-tip. Clean all 4 LED assy's. This will probably fix your issue. Good luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    TechPro is right.. its the freaking LED heads.. they're a nightmare where i am located (in the tropics). Anyhow, just wondering if anyone has used a product called RainEX? its designed to be put onto your car windscreens to stop them fogging up as well as repel water/rain - it seems to work well enough on cars.