Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

FS-1300D - Jamming Galore

Hi All,

I've come across a few FS-1300Ds now that have numerous jamming issues. Jam logs (ELOG) indicate in the hundreds for the J10 jams and the J11,12 and 20s not far off.

Currently, i'm getting jams where 1/4 of the A4 page has exited the top exit section, and a second sheet of paper half way through registration. A print out of the error log indicates that the paper has not passed the registration sensor (J10 - 48 jam). Could it be that the registration sensor is faulty? ie, it doesnt realise that the first sheet of paper has already passed through thus when the second sheet is currently over the sensor, it thinks that the first sheet is still there?

I've changed the mylar strips at registration to the modified ones just incase they may be warped/damaged but still get jams. I've changed all 3 (feed, rego and MPF) clutches (and magnetic clutches rarely tend to fail). I've even changed the whole drive unit (which included clutches) on another machine with identical problems and still no result - in the end the machine was swapped out by the manufacturer under warranty. Spring tension between the upper and lower registration rollers seem good - how would you test?

So if anyone can suggest something else to try, it would be much appreciated. thank you.

Kind Regards,
    Steve

jams half way out exit

I had a similar thing on a FS-1020D stopping a short way out of the exit.
    turned out the tech who sent me the m/c had removed the board under the reg sensor
    and had dislodged the sensor just abit. if you brushed the sensor it flicked back into place and seemed ok
    but if you held it down for a few seconds as if paper was going over it, it stuck. it had J10 as the jam code.

also had a FS-2000 doing the same thing turned out to be the 1 way bearing in the feed roller, so if your m/c's have done a heap of prints might be worth a look.

hope this helps

madas

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks for the help. I'll try what you've mentioned.

However I have come across something else. When there is a jam, the leading edge of the first sheet sheet is about 1-2inches out from the top exit I notice that the leading edge of the second sheet has just passed over the transfer roller. this is consistent with every jam.Now, on a brand new identical machine, I stopped the the first sheet of paper when it's leading edge was about 2-3 inches out of the top exit (tried to replicate the fault) I noticed that the leading edge of the second sheet has only just hit the rego roller. I thought it may be a controller board problem as it controls the timing however after changing the board it stilled jammed in the same place.

Anyhow Any more help would be great. Thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar
    Do you have the printer set up to run A4? Most printers are set up to run Letter paper by default. You can print off a Status Page and check what the setting is. Is this printer set up via Network or USB?

Hi Ya Scoobysteve
    I just had a FS-1100 in the workshop doing the same thing you discribe "stopping a couple of inches out of exit".
    It is the paper the customer is using in this case "perferations at the bottom and pre-printed" but I to looked at where the paper had stopped in the m/c and found the 2nd
    sheet under the drum almost to the fuser entrance. I did another print with plain paper and jammed the m/c at about the same point (i used the fuser burn mark as my guide to see if i was near the same jam point only a couple of mm out)
    this time the paper was just exiting the reg rollers. wiped the retard roller and had ink from thier pre-printed paper on it. (575 prints only a new m/c) my guess is it was misfeeding from the tray as a multi feed. I got J11 paper does not pass the reg sensor.i think thier paper was so close t each other that it triggered the reg sensor to keep feeding paper and that is why the 2 pages were so close at the piont of the jam, not quite the same but i thought i would post it anyway.

mad-as

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi Madas,

You got exactly what i had. After a few wks of tearing my hair out, i again replaced the feed rollers as well as the retard. this seems to have sorted my problem out... funny cause the feed and retard rollers were only changed about a fortnight before.