Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

fs0c5030n streaks

We have a client who has the above mentioned printer. When printing a test page (with the 4 colors), the black has a blank (faint) streak in the middle. This is ONLY on the black test, the colors are fine. I've cleaned as per instructions and still have the streak. Is this the transfer roller? We did change black toners to no avail. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    when you say blank faint streak do you mean where there is a black image part of it is light streaks or where there is no image a black streak appears 2 different problems with 2 different solutions please explain further.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Technician

streak

I should have been more clear...there is a faint vertical streak when printing. It only occurs on the black. Kyocera has a test page that has 4 blocks with varying degrees of color (faint to solid) and the black has a "stripe" down the middle. There are no black streaks on the test pages.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    The problem is from the black image formation section, first make sure you have the latest system firmware then swop the black drum unit with another color if it moves with that color then switch back and swop the printhead with another drum this is to isolate the drum or printhead but while you have the black developer unit out check the brush of the mag roller for eveness of the brush if not even the black developer unit might need to be replaced. I hope this help you in your service of the printer.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

simply try cleaning the led print heads thoroughly. Any contamination causes these symptoms.

Technician

Streaking Fixed

Thanks for the replies. I replaced the black developer and voila, no more streaks! I do appreciate the knowlwdge sharing here. Thanks again