Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Angry FS5030 Legal Jams

OK. Brief and decriprtive.. FS5030 with 1 extra "stack on" tray (PF60) ..Letter on top & legal on bottom . Letter runs fine. Legal jams every page with registration 2-3 inches off the page...Put letter in bottom tray instead of legal and it works fine..and legal ( now in top tray ) runs fine. Paper dial settings are correct..replaced entire feed/registration clutch/gear pack..no difference. Took legal tray to another printer and it works. Put it back on original printer, jam every copy. It's a flipping reg. issue somehow. I am obsessed. I've work on these printers since the day they were introduced.. 30 years in the business,,but,today...a rookie.. Any input gentlemen?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Re: FS5030 Legal Jams

Quote Originally Posted by tech07 View Post
    30 years in the business,,but,today...a rookie.. Any input gentlemen?
    Welcome to my SOMETIMES world ( been in since the mid 70's and still have those ROOKIE times too !! ) .... Did you run a Menu Map or Stat sheets on each printer and compare them ?
    I wonder if the tray 2 settings are off somehow ; 'cause it sounds like the PF is OK .
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    Welcome to my SOMETIMES world ( been in since the mid 70's and still have those ROOKIE times too !! ) .... Did you run a Menu Map or Stat sheets on each printer and compare them ?
    I wonder if the tray 2 settings are off somehow ; 'cause it sounds like the PF is OK .
    Are you set for INCH?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Cool Re: FS5030 Legal Jams

Problem solved today. On the MP frame assembly,( which is easily removed by un snapping 2 latches on the right side,) there are 2 small rubber feed rollers. Item # 4 on MP Frame Assembly in parts book. Although they are on the MP tray assembly, paper feed from cassettes still go through these rollers. After close inspection, I found that both rubber tires had come loose from the hubs the are mounted on and were slipping. When feeding letter paper, they were able to handle the shorter lenght of paper. On legal , they slipped enough to jam due to screwed up registation position. un flipping believable..

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    FS5030  Legal Jams

Good catch! I'm assuming that you applied a few drops of superglue to the shaft?

Thanks for sharing. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=