Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: JAME0 or JE0

JAME0 or JE0

JAME0 (obscure JAM without jammed paper inside the machine. Opening and closing cover to clear this error is needed)

Afflicted machines: FS-2020,3920,4020

This problem (as JE0) occurs on older FS-2000,3900,4000 as well.

Hello guys and girls, does any body know, how to definitely resolve this annoing trouble ?

As I remember updating of firmware (main and engine) never helped.
    In some cases, I change engine board in warranty time, but this error come back very soon (usually less than in a year).

Thank you.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: JAME0 or JE0

Have seen this on all these models. Two things to check, first and probably the most likely, check check the top door switch. See if it is moved to the side of the slot so that the actuator does not hit it correctly. We drill a small hole in the back of the switching regulator and put a small screw in that threads in to the switch and pulls the switch against the board. This is a permanent repair for this problem - just be sure to drill the hole through the hole that is already in the switch that will NOT go through a trace on the board. Also check the left door switch and holder - sometimes it will break and cause problems. Hope this helps. Let us know the outcome.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    JAME0 or JE0

Lightbulb Re: JAME0 or JE0

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by lees View Post
    Have seen this on all these models. Two things to check, first and probably the most likely, check check the top door switch. See if it is moved to the side of the slot so that the actuator does not hit it correctly. We drill a small hole in the back of the switching regulator and put a small screw in that threads in to the switch and pulls the switch against the board. This is a permanent repair for this problem - just be sure to drill the hole through the hole that is already in the switch that will NOT go through a trace on the board. Also check the left door switch and holder - sometimes it will break and cause problems. Hope this helps. Let us know the outcome.
    I checked functionality of top cover switch.

I oversolder it and I also flex and widened (+ 2-3mm) its metal plate actuator to be sure the nipple of the top cover will not slide-down ever.

Nothing helped me.

replace the rear cover switch, the contacts get dirty/corroded and can cause the code you are getting.
    I have done quite a few over the years and 99.99% is the end of this problem.

madas

Quote Originally Posted by madas View Post
    replace the rear cover switch, the contacts get dirty/corroded and can cause the code you are getting.
    I have done quite a few over the years and 99.99% is the end of this problem.

madas
    Hello, it seems (in my case) your tip helped me to resolve this problem. I flexed its metal actuator against to the switch inside the machine and printer works without JAME0 since that time (for almost two months).
    Great thanks.
    Bye-bye
    L.