Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyocera FS-C5350DN - No magenta on prints

Hi everyone, first time posting here.

Having the same issues on these printers (especially FS-C5200DN and FS-C5300DN models). Have lots of these on the field and it's not just magenta. Happens on cyan and yellow too, and sometimes even 2 colors are missing at the time. What i noticed is that this starts to happen after about 2 years of usage, no matter the page counter (some have 30k printouts, and some 180k - same problem). Like blackcat said, pull everything out, peak around, put it back in and all the colors are there. You might get adding toner after u initialize, and after few cycles its fixed. But that lasts for few weeks in my case and just randomly happens again. I have looked everywhere for the solution (btw I have access to all the documentation as dealer) but nobody gives the exact cause of this. I don't really care if i need to replace everything inside, just to make sure it doesn't happen again after few weeks.

It really pissed me off. Cause of this i loved previous models FS-C5015N, FS-C5030N which didn't have these problems, and had superior color quality (they were led printers i know, but still).

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera FS-C5350DN - No magenta on prints

There are a bunch of updates to the Gemini series. The parts cost is probably under $300 but it will take you 6 to 9 hours to complete. There are three extensive bulletins on this series. I also took 8 pages of notes on the update procedure. Sound like fun? It's not. My suggestion is that if you decide to do any of the updates, do them all. It's rather invasive.

My guess is that you're losing developer bias between the spring contacts near the laser, and the spring contacts to the HVT. The specific update to address your problem is to install the case spacers. Essentially the tension on the contact springs collapses the plastic waste toner housing, losing electrical contact. And the case spacers need to be installed such that the top of the "T" is raised all the way up as high as it can go. You'll understand when you get there. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thank you very much for quick response blackcat.

I've been thru 6-9 hours drill of installing improvement kit (rather cheap, about 15$ for all) for FS-C2126MFP and FS-C5150DN, and i know the pain. So are you saying the similar thing is out for FS-C5200Dn, FS-C5300DN, cause they are somewhat different build. The 4 case spacers you are referring to I've installed in 2126 and 5150 models and it says it's to prevent solid or partial color image leak.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I just this week has to fix two C5250s with light print due to dev units starving for toner. I found a bulletin for a toner supply issue that requires several modified parts. I had these printers brought in house because the teardown is lengthy. I will say though that for both printers it cured the issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yes, it's the same improvement kit as for FS-C2026MFP/2126MFP. The problem is that no bulletin or kit exists for FS-C5200DN and FS-C5300DN printers which are having huge issues with print.

shewesnh

Double check contacts are clean and good.