Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    Kyocera FS 1035 won't print from sleep

Prints ok til the machine goes to sleep...if you wake it up it then prints the job....single computer, USB port....any ideas?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Kyocera FS 1035 won't print from sleep

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Re: Kyocera FS 1035 won't print from sleep

How are you waking this MFP up ....? Power cycle ? Sending a print job ?

What is the sleep timer set to ?
    Is this set for quick recovery ?
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

I had a similar Kyocera printer that would not wake from sleep mode. If you sent print jobs while it was pre-sleep it would print fine. If you let it go to sleep and sent a print job it would do nothing. If you powered off / on it would then print the job sent to it in sleep mode.

Updating the firmware corrected this problem. The hard part was getting the correct memory card required to do it. This model required a compact flash (CF) card but it had to be 256MB. The smallest I was able to find at local electronic stores was 8GB (didnt work) , then I tried a 2GB I picked up on amazon (didnt work) Finally I obtained a 256MB and that did work.

Technician

The copier was waking up by a print job from the computer and sleep was set at 1 min....I had the customer log everything that wouldn't print ..as I sat in front of the computer I got to try each print job that was attempted...Turned out that the customer was using the bypass as a legal tray but was set for letter....when a legal document was sent to print, the copier "thought" it couldn't print to legal....changed MP tray to legal in common settings....this also took care of letter prints out of some programs...for some reason it wouldn't print with paper in the bypass[that the machine thought was letter] Thanks for the responses Joe