Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    FS-4200DN blank printing

Re: FS-4200DN blank printing

Thanks for sharing your results. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

ok, sorry for bringing a dead post back, especialy one that is solved. But another possible cause for 4200's printing blank can be that the left hinge of the top cover breaks. The left hinge actuates some parts behind it that open a cover over the laser window. If thats not open them the laser can't write to the drum unit, resulting in blank prints. There has been a production change that applies some dry lubricant to the actuators so that they don't get stuck and cause the break, but you still see it in some older versions of this printer. Hopefully this will help someone searching in the future.

JohnMcL7

Quote Originally Posted by shamgar1981 View Post
    ok, sorry for bringing a dead post back, especialy one that is solved. But another possible cause for 4200's printing blank can be that the left hinge of the top cover breaks. The left hinge actuates some parts behind it that open a cover over the laser window. If thats not open them the laser can't write to the drum unit, resulting in blank prints. There has been a production change that applies some dry lubricant to the actuators so that they don't get stuck and cause the break, but you still see it in some older versions of this printer. Hopefully this will help someone searching in the future.
    I just registered to thank you for your helpful post, it's just past midnight here and I was called into work to replace the waste toner on a printer but then when I fired the printer back up just blank pages. I tried a few things and was getting nowhere so turned to the mighty Google and almost missed your reply on the second page but the moment I read it I knew I'd found the solution as this printer does have a dodgy left clip on the top cover. When the top cover was closing it was sort of sitting a bit high and I was pushing it down to clip it into place, when I closed it again although it was sticking at the top when I closed it the position seemed more like it should and then after that it printed fine.

Thanks again,
    John

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcL7 View Post
    I just registered to thank you for your helpful post, it's just past midnight here and I was called into work to replace the waste toner on a printer but then when I fired the printer back up just blank pages. I tried a few things and was getting nowhere so turned to the mighty Google and almost missed your reply on the second page but the moment I read it I knew I'd found the solution as this printer does have a dodgy left clip on the top cover. When the top cover was closing it was sort of sitting a bit high and I was pushing it down to clip it into place, when I closed it again although it was sticking at the top when I closed it the position seemed more like it should and then after that it printed fine.

Thanks again,
    John

Your welcome John, I got a big smile when I read your comment, knowing something I contributed helped someone else!

FS-4200DN blank printing

I had one today with 2M prints, and an "Add Toner" indication that wouldn't clear. The developing and registration clutches are rusting badly. The problem I'm having is the bushings are ovalled out. There is no separate part number for the bushings and they're not like anything I've seen before. Does anybody know a part number to sub? =^..^=

FS-4200 bushings.JPG

EDIT: To my surprise, in the "bushing collection" I found 24 bushings of the appropriate size and dimension. 8 of delrin and 16 oil impregnated bronze. What dimensions, you ask?:

6mm ID
    9mm OD
    two opposing flats measuring 8mm across the flats
    3mm or greater into the frames
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 11-05-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I had one today with 2M prints, and an "Add Toner" indication that wouldn't clear. The developing and registration clutches are rusting badly. The problem I'm having is the bushings are ovalled out. There is no separate part number for the bushings and they're not like anything I've seen before. Does anybody know a part number to sub? =^..^=

FS-4200 bushings.JPG

EDIT: To my surprise, in the "bushing collection" I found 24 bushings of the appropriate size and dimension. 8 of delrin and 16 oil impregnated bronze. What dimensions, you ask?:

6mm ID
    9mm OD
    two opposing flats measuring 8mm across the flats
    3mm or greater into the frames

All set then Black cat? I was going to offer you a few off a parts printer I have, only about 45 min north of you.

FS-4200DN blank printing

Yes, I found some oil impregnated bushings that will fit nicely. It's nice to know that there's another tech so geographically close. =^..^=

Hi All just to add to the blank page ouput issues, i have had the same fault the cause was HV Pwb.