Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: FS-3140MFP+

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

FS-3140MFP+

Got loads of these on the field and just love them, but lately i have problems with 2-3 not being able to recover from sleep mode. When client presses power button, the device displays "Please wait" forever, and they cannot copy on it untill they power it off/on. Updating the latest firmware didn't help in my case. There aren't any errors, and event log is clean.

I'm thinking one of the pwb's is missbehaving, just not sure where to start. Any tip much appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    FS-3140MFP+

Lightbulb Re: FS-3140MFP+

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $14.77 and downloaded immediately from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Re: FS-3140MFP+

Have you adjusted the sleep timers and set these to 'Quick Recovery ' ?
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: FS-3140MFP+

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    Got loads of these on the field and just love them, but lately i have problems with 2-3 not being able to recover from sleep mode. When client presses power button, the device displays "Please wait" forever, and they cannot copy on it untill they power it off/on. Updating the latest firmware didn't help in my case. There aren't any errors, and event log is clean.

I'm thinking one of the pwb's is missbehaving, just not sure where to start. Any tip much appreciated.
    Hi,

check the eventlog!!
    C-3X00 error?
    change the isu => problem will be solved.
    what helps without changing parts, raise the sleep timer.

best regards.

Technician
    We also have 100 or so of these out. Great product. However in one week we were hit with 5 or six that would not come out of sleep. Of course....increase the delay before a unit powers down would decrease the problem as it appears it is about waking the unit up with a print job. Sometimes we would get error codes.....sometimes we would not. We also experienced the same issues (@ the same time) with other Kyo models (I.e. 1135...1028...) . One company had 5 units...different models....same day locking up first thing in the morning. Timing was along the same time as windows stopped supporting XP. However, this customers server was not XP but some desktops were. In essence....corrupt print data seemed to be a common denominator. We replaced lsu's.....replaced battrries.....replaced boards....updated firmware......print drivers......Yada Yada yada..... slowly but surely seems that the problem has started to disappear as we have educated it depts to delete print jobs. Poof......... Stop spinning wheels......start deleting print jobs. Will advise of any changes in events.