Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Re: FS-4200DN strange jams

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    It was something simple indeed that i couldn't see right away. If you get something like this, pay attention if client likes to fix things on his own and not tell you about it. The spring under the paper feed assy was missing...

Attachment 25419

Here's your bill for my labor!

just another tech 100+ Posts

I'm so glad I was not the only one with this problem. It was killing me, then I read this and looked. No spring on mine either. Thanks again Kyo Fan.
    Best rule for troubleshooting.
    K I S S Keep It Simple Stupid

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

One more update on these cassette 1 jams (jam 0501 mostly). I know there is a bulletin about bad paper feed clutch, but in my case it is working just fine.

In case you did your homework (rubber pulleys are new and the spring under is not missing), you can have another reason that paper is not passing the retard roller (it gets torn a bit at the top middle). Unlike the previous line (FS-3920DN/4020DN), new holder feed assy has a white plastic ring added, through which one end of the metal shaft feed spins. You can see it here: http://i58.tinypic.com/wgvswp.png

Unfortunately that plastic ring wears down and you get much wider hole where the metal shaft feed "dances" as you can see here: http://i57.tinypic.com/34e7yja.png. This is at about 208k printouts, but i have discovered several more cases with about 100k on it. Of course you can't order it separately, you have to replace entire parts holder feed assy which is probably a good thing since the metal shaft feed also gets worn out: http://i57.tinypic.com/2e5qnix.png which imo could add to this problem and cause slowdowns in this area.
    Last edited by Kyo fan; 09-17-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    FS-4200DN strange jams

"Kyo fan;436730]One more update on these cassette 1 jams (jam 0501 mostly). I know there is a bulletin about bad paper feed clutch, but in my case it is working just fine."

Would anyone have this bulletin, as I can not find it on kyocera's service site. I think my issue may be the clutch, as it has less than 75k on the machine and for good measure I did replace the tires. The jam history has over 200 of the 0501 jams.

Thanks

Scott

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    FS-4200DN strange jams

It was something simple indeed that i couldn't see right away. If you get something like this, pay attention if client likes to fix things on his own and not tell you about it. The spring under the paper feed assy was missing...

Attachment 25419

Why didnt I come here first. I have spent more time and gotten more acquainted with this printer than I wold have liked. This was my problem also.

Thanks for the help guys keep up the good work

Scott

Attachment 25419
    Did this fix you problem? Im having trouble finding this spring in the parts list. the printer that im working on does not have very many miles on it almost new

just another tech 100+ Posts

Yes it fixes the intermittent jam issue. The lift motors lifts the paper into the correct position at first so it doesn't jam then after a so many prints, there isn't enough tension on the pickup roller because the spring is missing. Then you open the tray, unjam the paper, then the whole process starts over.

I also had trouble finding the spring in the parts list so I ordered a spring from the 1128mfp machine. Works great. I believe the part number is #302HS09180 from the cassette. Now I keep extras in my kit.
    Best rule for troubleshooting.
    K I S S Keep It Simple Stupid

hbaburyan

Attachment 25419

Amazing...

Customer brought back the printer after printing ~100 pages. Printer sometimes stops when half of paper is already out of the eject unit.
    When printing using rear eject, only one sheet of paper hang in the printer - in the duplex section.

Tried to print from manual tray using both ejects (top and rear) and it worked like a charm.

Next I decided to replace paper pickup assembly for cassette, took 302LV94270 - Parts holder feed as and when removed the cassette, pull out the old paper pickup assembly, that's it - THERE IS NO SPRINT THERE (24 302LV06040 2LV06040 SPRING PICKUP).

Just replaced pickup assembly and installed the spring.

hbaburyan

Quote Originally Posted by hbaburyan View Post
    Amazing...

Customer brought back the printer after printing ~100 pages. Printer sometimes stops when half of paper is already out of the eject unit.
    When printing using rear eject, only one sheet of paper hang in the printer - in the duplex section.

Tried to print from manual tray using both ejects (top and rear) and it worked like a charm.

Next I decided to replace paper pickup assembly for cassette, took 302LV94270 - Parts holder feed as and when removed the cassette, pull out the old paper pickup assembly, that's it - THERE IS NO SPRINT THERE (24 302LV06040 2LV06040 SPRING PICKUP).

Just replaced pickup assembly and installed the spring.

Sent 500 pages in duplex mode, 200 in simplex and it printed without any problem.

Thank you very much, colleague!

Attachment 25419
    Thank you man! This solved it! Forgot that the spring was there