Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    freshley01

taskalfa 2550 printing from windows 7

We have had our taskalfa for a number of years and it has always printed fine. We recently upgraded some machines to windows 7 64 bit and when printing from those, the prints are shifted and cut-off at the right edge and bottom. We have tried for months to have our copier service company find a fix for this but they were not much help. Finally I installed an old HP driver for a LJ5000 we have in the office and tried printing to that and everything on that printer worked as it should. I then switched the driver that the Kyocera was using to the HP driver (so printing to the kyocera but using an hp driver) and it worked. This proved that the windows 7 64 bit driver from kyocera is at fault. Tried downloading all the newest drivers but they all did the same thing. Our Kyocera rep told me to just use an HP driver as the Kyocera ones are just modified HP drivers.
    Anyone else having this issue or know what HP driver would be best to use with it? Seems like a work around not a fix.

Re: taskalfa 2550 printing from windows 7

Hp use PCL strange that the OEM driver does not work. If PCL gives me trouble i use the postscript driver.

freshley01

What is the best HP driver out there to use?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    taskalfa 2550 printing from windows 7

Are you using the XPS driver that installs by default? It has many problems. My suggestion is to install the KX driver instead. You'll have a choice of emulation. You can use PCL6 or PS3, whichever works best for you. The KX cross-platform driver that I have is version 6.0.2212.

The newest is version 6.1.1413:
    KYOCERA Document Solutions | Digital Imaging Products for Document Management

If you use the Add A Printer wizard it will automatically install the XPS option that you don't want. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=