Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Achilles

Kyocera fs-1128mfp Password Reset

Hello,

Well I need your help resetting the command center password for the web interface on my Kyocera fs-1128mfp. Long story short co-worker decided to change the default password to a new password and fat fingered it. After trying many combinations, we cannot figure out what he change it to. I do have access to the physical control panel still because the default username and password of 2800 were not changed.

I am hoping there is a way we can just reset password or even reset it back to factory defaults from the physical control panel. I did a bunch of reading, but I don't know if any type of reset can be done from the control panel. Any tips, resources or advice you have would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera fs-1128mfp Password Reset

The only way I believe is a factory reset to set the password back to default. You will need a service manual to tell you how to enter maintenance mode and which maintenance item number to execute and how to do it.

Check your PM

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Kyocera fs-1128mfp Password Reset

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    The only way I believe is a factory reset to set the password back to default. You will need a service manual to tell you how to enter maintenance mode and which maintenance item number to execute and how to do it.

Check your PM
    As far as I am aware. There are two ways to do this.

1) Using Prescribe command doing a Engine Board reset. (Note that this should be done by a Kyocera Technician, and it at some point they stopped allowing this to work so Im not sure if this is a model that allows the reset to occur.

2) If this doesnt work, then you have to allow a Kyocera Help Desk Tech remote into a PC on-site and fix it with proprietary code that us regular heathen apparently arent qualified to have. Again this can only be done with a Kyocera Tech on site as well to call the help desk, you cant call in without having credentials.