Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Post FS-C5100DN magenta unaligned

Hello,
    I'm having a problem with the printer above.
    The magenta is totally out of alignment, it's 1 cm on the left (I attach an example)
    I've tried to manual register but it move only some mm, I've clean the LSU many times (service->LSU/charger) e performed calibrations
    but nothing change.
    The quality is good. Has someone found the same problem?
    I'm starting to think that a previous calibration failed and some garbage data are in. Is there a way to reset the calibration data to factory?
    Thanks in advance for any help!!

DOC002.jpg

Technician

Re: FS-C5100DN magenta unaligned

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Hello,
    I'm having a problem with the printer above.
    The magenta is totally out of alignment, it's 1 cm on the left (I attach an example)
    I've tried to manual register but it move only some mm, I've clean the LSU many times (service->LSU/charger) e performed calibrations
    but nothing change.
    The quality is good. Has someone found the same problem?
    I'm starting to think that a previous calibration failed and some garbage data are in. Is there a way to reset the calibration data to factory?
    Thanks in advance for any help!!

DOC002.jpg
    Call the hotline....they can remote in and reset the printer to factory defaults, this worked for me twice.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

One of these came back to the shop and the registration was completely out of wack as you mentioed. I like you cleaned laser, checked drum, dev ect. I had come to conclusion the engine pwb was bad. The kyocera service rep came by at the shop and i mentioned it to him and he has QA's [questions and answers from dealers]
    He did the registration about 16 times and it came back. I would not have belived it if i did no see it myself.
    So, first do lastest firmware and do adustment. as you do the adustments, you will see small increments. don't expect it to do big changes .....

hopes this helps you.... let us know your results
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Quote Originally Posted by danito View Post
    Try a firmware update
    That's a good point. Unfortunately I'm trying to do the update, but cannot be able to do this.

I've "kyocera net admin" installed, I can reach the printer, and I've a main firmware version 2HN_3000.007.008.bin.
    But every time I try to update, net admin say the file is wrong version. I tried to update the Engine firmware, but same results.
    I state I never made a firmware update on a kyocera before, so maybe I'm making something wrong, or the firmware I got is wrong.
    If someone know where find a firmware, will be the wellcome!
    I'm trying to contact Kyocera, through a friend that work for an official dealer, for obtain a good firmware.

I'll keep you in touch.

[SOLVED]

Hy guys, I've solved the problem.

Firmware wasn't the problem, was garbage in the eeprom data.
    I contact Kyocera, and they explain me the way to reset the internal eeprom.

You have to install the printer and share it. Then from another PC map a virtual lpt1 on the shared printer:

NET USE LPT1 \\ip_address\share_name

At this point send on the virtual lpt1 this command from a dos prompt:

echo !R! KCFG"SVEG",208,10;EXIT;>lpt1

wait a couple of minutes, restart the printer and for security recalibrate the machine.

at the end, remove the mapped lpt1:

NET USE lpt1 /delete

For me has worked perfectly!!

Great that this problem has been solved.

Appreciated very much you posted the fix and that anyone who now have this problem can fix theirs easily.

Copytechnet users should be doing the same in posting when they have solved their problem and by what means, afterall isn't this is what the forum is about,
    sharing ideas and solutions.

However, i did had a fs-5200 that had a similar problem, but was solved as to the earlier post on this thread.
    And with i would say all modern copy and print equiptment, firmware updates are a must in troubleshooting and for stable machine performance. any comments about this ?
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Upgrade firmware probably reset the eeprom data, so the results is the same.

I worked in the technical department of Ricoh Company for more that 10 year, and in my experience, and IMHO, firmware has to be done only if some problem is present. I all other cases, if the present firmware works, leave it as is ;-)

Sometimes firmware can solve many problems, but often they introduce some other problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Upgrade firmware probably reset the eeprom data, so the results is the same.

I worked in the technical department of Ricoh Company for more that 10 year, and in my experience, and IMHO, firmware has to be done only if some problem is present. I all other cases, if the present firmware works, leave it as is ;-)

Sometimes firmware can solve many problems, but often they introduce some other problems.
    That may the case with Ricoh, but with kyocera, hp and lexmark, firmware fixes and updates are the first thing i would do when machine is coding out ect. Todays applications and software that interface with these machines are growning exponentially and there are always bugs, plus hardware bugs that the manufacturer only discover after the machine is on the field. What you mentioned above use to be the case, but today machines do not leave our shop without updates if they are avaliable. we do hundreds of rollout every year and firmware update issues are not a problem at all.

LET 'S hear from techs about their opinion.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I agree with Subaro. Firmware fixes many problems that are not even listed in firmware updates. Can't count the number of machines that were fixed with firmware. This should be the first attempt in most cases, especially for problems that are hard to troubleshoot. Any time any board is replaced firmware should be updated. When all else fails, try firmware.

Gar the pilot

Do you think that even though the printer has worked fine for a couple of years the firmware is the answer? I have one that just started to miss-reg last month, I reset it and it will work from 1-2 days up to a week or so. The first time I reset it did take many-resets to get it right, now only 2 or 3 and its happy.
    Thank You
    Gar the Pilot